Prince Of Peace Catholic School 1

Posted May 07, 2013
Prince of Peace I have had several children through this school and I agree with the earlier posts that if your child needs additional help or has any kind of learning deficit, the resources and support are not there. Additionally, we feel the administration is lacking in that school policy is subject to favoritism and bias. Paying as much money as we do, we feel we should have a lot more say in change and direction. From my understanding there are more than a few families who have left the school over the last few years and the prediction is that many more will be leaving this year and next. We are in search of a new school that will provide the nurturing environment our kids need to thrive as well as the flexibility and respect towards the parents that are actively involved and would like more of a say in their schools direction, policy, and overall environment. There are many parents who voice their concerns, however it continues to fall on deaf ears. Maybe the higher ups will get a clue when the enrollment drops to an all time low. Shameful that it will take that pocketbook punch to affect the appropriate change that is needed now.

Prince Of Peace Catholic School 1

Posted September 05, 2012
I wish I could rate this school as good as everyone else but I cannot. I was extremely disappointed! My daughter has a form of autism and even though the teachers, principal and nurse all said they would work with her they chose to humiliate her and had her in tears everyday. The best thing I ever did was pulling her out and placing her in Olathe public schools. She loves it there and they treat her with respect. She is a 4.0 student and they even have programs for her autism.

Posted July 28, 2010
Great Uplifting Catholic Education! The teachers are quite good and the principal keeps the ship running smoothly. The extracurricular activities are well rounded and rewarding. My two sons have received a great education here.

Prince Of Peace Catholic School 0

Posted January 29, 2009
We have been very happy with Prince of Peace. WE have a special needs student that is getting wonderfull support through the school. As with any school you need to be active in the program and not expect the teacher to be the baby sitter or parent, you must be involved with all students. Our children have found the responsibility that the teachers expect from the students to motivate them, the teachers want all the students to succceed. As to the parent that said it was not worth the ~$10,000.00, the tuition is not even close to that, the Catholic High Schools are not that high per student.

Posted January 12, 2009
I have homeschooled my daughter for the first 5 yrs of her schooling and when we moved to the Olathe area, she joined the CYO and the girls were so inviting and kind that we knew this was to be her school! The teachers are great and the principle is supportive and encouraging! We are all so happy!!

Prince Of Peace Catholic School 3

Posted September 04, 2008
The school used to be great, but is slowly sinking. The Director is bitter towards kids and it shows in daily interactions. Several teachers will only 'put up' with the perfect child, and strongly critize the parent and child if anything is not up to par. This school makes the kids competitive since so much favortism is shown to the kids whose parents are teachers there. I must agree with the parents who wrote that this school is not good for the overall well-being of a child.

Posted May 01, 2008
Our experience has been one of great growth and academic excellence for our son. He transferred from another school in third grade from within Olathe. The teachers are very loving and push students to their potential. I feel if you comminicate your expectations the staff make every accomodation possible. Congratulations on being one of the few Schools who consistently meet the Standards of Excellence in Reading, Math, Science, and Social Studies. Congratulations on having more enrichment opportunities for students than most area schools. Most notably the award winning Science Olympiad team and several city champion teams in football, basketball, and track. Come to this school if academic excellence is what you are looking for and the Catholic education is a bonus. How great to be at the best academic school in Olathe and be able to learn in a Catholic environment.

Prince Of Peace Catholic School 0

Posted April 22, 2008
If you have a special needs student stay away from this school! If your student is above average she/he should do fine. This school turns a blind eye when it comes to dealing with attention deficit disorders. You will hear the same mantra for 8 years 'we want to prepare students for the workload and responsibilities that the student will have in high school and beyond'. Our son has flunked several classes and he is a very bright kid. Also, the grading scales used in all KC archdiocese make absolutely no sense. I won't go into the statistical argument, but simply put, a sound practice is not implemented. If a Catholic education is important to you, this is an ok school. If education is your priority, you may be better served in the public Johnson County School district, which is very highly rated. This school does not merit the ~$10,000

Posted February 26, 2008

Posted January 28, 2008
I love this school, I was going to go here, but it didn't work out, but i have friends that go here and they say its great, I've met the principal and she's nice, and I've met alot of the teachers and they are very friendly.

Prince Of Peace Catholic School
16000 West 143rd Street, Olathe, KS  66062
Last modified Prince Of Peace Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Prince Of Peace Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top