Liberty View Elementary School 3

Posted February 03, 2014
I wish I could echo the 5-star reviews here, but I cannot. My son has been at this school for 3 years and this year is probably the most disappointing. In those 3 years, I have found his teachers to be inexperienced (fresh out of college) and communication to be lacking. When my son showed serious markers for having a particular learning disability, it wasn't until AFTER making some very serious inquiries, phone calls, research, etc. that the school did ANYTHING to help my son. For a school being held in such high-esteem (and in the caliber of the Blue Valley School District), I have found my experience at LVE to become increasingly disappointing and frustrating. I do think the Principal is wonderful and very devoted to the kids, as well as some of the other staff members. Overall though, this school is not deserving in any way of a 5-star review.

Posted April 15, 2013
What a FANTASTIC school! My son has flourished in this school. The principal, office staff, teachers and involved parents ALL care about the kids that attend this school! Mrs. Nihols is the best teacher my son has EVER had in his 4 years at school so far and I can only commend and recommend her to everyone! Mrs. Lonergan is the best principal that my son has had, also! This school always exceeds my expectations with communication, community involvement, making the kids feel special, the list goes on and on! You won't be sorry if you place your kids at LVE! My son has high-functioning autism and the counselor, school psychiatrist, principal, nurse, office staff and, of course, his teacher, were all on board with suggestions and tips as to how to make his year here successful. My son feels very special to his teacher; he's been able to be more social and make some best friends (YAY!), and everyone treats him like they are blessed to know him. As a parent, it brings tears to my eyes that we are moving and can't continue my son's academic growth at this school. I hope you consider LVE for your child's academic, social, mental & emotional growth as they have been terrific for my family.

Liberty View Elementary School 3

Posted July 24, 2011
We just did not have the same experience. I thought my child's teacher was too inexperienced. I felt she took the class to a level that was perceived too easy by my child, who wasn't challenged enough by the course content. We have been enrolled in a number of different schools in our moves for jobs, and had heard about blue valley schools but this one disappointed us.

Posted July 01, 2010
The attention the teachers give to the students is outstanding. The curriculum is challenging and well supported. I have had three children in this school and am very glad I made the choice to live near this school and in this school district.

Liberty View Elementary School 4

Posted January 18, 2009
We have been blessed to have had all four of our children attend LVE. The teachers, administration, and support staff are incredible. Our only complaint, is the few overbearing mothers who, volunteer at the school on a daily basis, with the intentions of bullying and controlling the staff and other volunteers. LVE is an amazing school offering our children a valuable education, it should not be the stomoing grounds of gossiping mothers!

Posted December 13, 2008
As an educator myself, I thought I would be nit-picky about any school my kindergartner attended. The teacher and curriculum has surpassed my expectations. We made an excellent choice when we moved into Liberty View's area.

Posted November 03, 2007
This is our 5th school in 5 years (due to moves) and let me tell you---this is heaven!! LVE exceeds all of our expectations for a fantastic school. I am trying to get everyone I know to move to this school area!! We are impressed with every area! The perfect combination of academics/arts and fun! My kids love their school!

Posted November 02, 2007
If there is anything negative to be said about this school, it is that there is a drive to excel only rivaled by Wallstreet. On track students are often placed in 'additional help' groups, just because the funding and support are there to do so. Delicate feelings should be left behind, and the benefits embraced. If you are fortunate enough to have your children go to this school, your only concern should be in seeing that they are allowed to be a kid at home and have fun, because the education is taken care of. Oh, and reading is a religion...prepare to be drilled to Read, Read, Read to and with your children. -- Father of 2 L.V. students

Posted March 12, 2007
i have had children in Liberty View since the school opened in 2004. During this time we have little to complain about. I feel 98% of the teachers are top notch and truly care about our children and them receiving a quality education. Not only is education a priority so is them becoming fine young adults. Virtues are stressed as well as communtiy service. I am very pleased with this school and will be sad when we move.

Liberty View Elementary School 4

Posted September 12, 2006
Our son attended LVE for 9 months. We found his 1st Grade teacher to be excellent and so full of enthusiasm and a great motivator for the children (she now teacher 2nd grade). The school has strong community involvement and focus. We also appreciated the fact that virtues of behavior were celebrated at the school. We found the phone-mail system to be cumbersome and of little real value in the progression and advancement of our son's education.

Liberty View Elementary School
14800 South Greenwood St, Olathe, KS  66062
Last modified Liberty View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Liberty View Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top