9-12 & Ungraded
Olathe, KS
Students enrolled: 1,758

Olathe Northwest High School 1

Posted August 21, 2014
Not a great school. All of the privileged kids are stuck up and judgmental. I would strongly advise against sending your kid to this school at all. There is also little to no diversity in all the classes

Posted September 01, 2013
I have to say this is the best school ever! Obviously I'm biased since I am currently a student there but still. There are so many ways to get involved, anyone can find their niche at ONW. They have a wide variety of clubs where anyone can find something they love. Other than a stereotype for being snobby rich kids, this school allows for any student to be accepted. All of the teachers work hard to let each student be successful. The administration is great and put in their best effort to make each student have a great high school experience. (My favorite people are the office ladies, so sweet!) They school spirit is outrageous. All students love being a Raven, and the school always has a huge student section at sporting events. The 21st Century Programs - e-Communication and Aerospace and Engineering - are great ways to let a student have a head start in their desired career or interest. I would recommend anyone to attend this school. It's always a great day to be a Raven!

Posted May 08, 2013
I have two sons who have attended ONW in the E-Comm program. This school is wonderful. The students are enthusiastic learners, and the teachers seem to really enjoy their jobs. My students enjoy going to school, are challenged, and comfortable at ONW. I also feel that it is a safe school, without evidence of a drug, gang, or bullying problem.

Posted March 31, 2013
I had a great experience at Olathe Northwest. They have a very wide variety of classes, programs, and activities. Teachers were also great: they were able to give help to studens when they asked, and they did a good job engaging the students. Olathe Northwest is a magnet school for two 21st Centry programs: eCommunication and Aerospace & Engineering. I came here for eCommunication, which contains four strands for students to choose from: web design, graphic design, video and animation. There is an important update that I should note: Olathe Northwest no longer gives out Palm Pilots to each of its students. They didn't do it when I was there, so I guess they stopped doing it before I went there. I don't really have any gripes about this school.

Posted July 27, 2009
Olathe Northwest is a great school. I feel like I got an education that was better and different than most high school students get in the area; not every average high school student gets to take notes on their own assigned Palm Pilot. I had some of my best teachers at this school as well, and they truly cared about your success. Besides a lack of real diversity, which is hard to get in Johnson County, I have nothing negative to say about ONW. Highly recommended.

Olathe Northwest High School 2

Posted June 12, 2009
Although many may think that the school is a great school it seems like the kids are sheltered and there is very little diversity. Also there is a huge drug problem which the students keep under wrap. But the problem was so bad that I had to transfer my son back to Olathe North. There is also a racism problem how my son got antagonized because he is of Hispanic decent. The teachers have no time for students that are not in AP classes.

Posted January 15, 2009
This is a great high school. They helped me plan my way to a huge head start in college

Posted June 01, 2008

Posted December 11, 2007
Great school. Teachers are the best. Great programs and extracurricular activities.

Posted July 16, 2007
Excellent school. Best decision we ever made! Best staff. They truly care for the students. I have nothing negative to say, at all!

Olathe Northwest High School
21300 College Blvd, Olathe, KS  66061
Last modified Olathe Northwest High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Olathe Northwest High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top