Olathe, KS

Mission Trail Middle School 4

Posted February 01, 2015
Mixed feelings, but mostly a positive environment for my student. From a physical safety standpoint, I feel it is a safe learning environment and the Principal, Dr. McMullen, reflects a pleasant, relaxed demeanor while maintaining order. Teachers/counselors are communicative and accessible. I was sorely disappointed with a few staff members in my child's time there, but very pleased with the vast majority of teachers. A young energetic staff, I'd just caution that a few are quick to judge and gossip about the children they serve without getting to know the child or talking to the parents. I would caution staff that it gets back to parents and affects our view of their level of professionalism. Luckily, the other teachers more than make up for the few who waste time this way. I would agree with the reviewer who critiqued the gifted program. It is basically a class with extra independent work and any request for more individualized stimulation is met with an exceedingly nice smile and a "No." Not so stimulating. Great school spirit, great boys' athletics. A variety of great electives offered, and a high- quality education overall.

Mission Trail Middle School 1

Posted July 15, 2014
This school has the most snobbier kids I have ever met, they walk around this school like they own it. And most if the teachers don't even engage with there students. I absolutely am offended by the principle, he doesn't participate in anything, I barely even know what he looks like. I like the vice principle he engages with the students more than the actual principle. A few teachers/staff who I adore are the band, art, orchestra, and a few more but other than that, this school needs to get checked out for what it is teaching these students. Not right at all.
2 people found this helpful

Mission Trail Middle School 2

Posted June 29, 2014
This school is very bad. My kids got bullied and they said they would rather not go to school at all. The teachers are average but don't like engage with the kids.
2 people found this helpful

Mission Trail Middle School 3

Posted October 29, 2013
This is a great school if you have an average child. Don't expect any assistance if your child has difficulties or needs any sort of enrichment. The gifted/quest program is particularly bad and is just a self study program. No guidance from the teacher. If you insist on help, your child will simply be driven out of the program.
3 people found this helpful

Mission Trail Middle School 5

Posted July 22, 2013
This school is great. All the kids there are really friendly and welcoming. I would choose a different and I am a 6th grader there. So I should know.

Mission Trail Middle School
1001 North Persimmon Dr, Olathe, KS  66061
Last modified Mission Trail Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mission Trail Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top