9-12 & Ungraded
Olathe, KS
Students enrolled: 2,075

Olathe East Sr High School 2

Posted May 10, 2013
Great school if you are wealthy or into sports. Other than conferences, VERY POOR communication with parents when students are struggling.Half of two years has been a huge disappointment for the alleged reputation this school has. Huge. Some teachers need to be reminded they are there to educate not just to gather a paycheck or be on a power trip. A few teachers are flat out mean and act immature towards students. It ruins it for the great teachers at this school, that obviously are devoted. A teacher's attitude comes home with the students. They talk about the good and the bad.

Posted April 22, 2010
This school has officailly been ranked one of the top 20 High schools in America due to Academics, Sports, Leadership, Community, volunteering etc. This school is TOP notch! there is not a school out there that can beat it!!!

Posted September 16, 2009
My daughter loves her school and her teachers. I believe she is getting a top notch education.

Posted September 07, 2009
It is one of the best school in the whole world.

Posted October 07, 2008
Contrary to popular belief, East isn't the school that everyone cracks it up to be. I've been able to experience the environments at both Olathe North and East. East is much more clique ridden and it is harder to make friends out of your social 'group.' The teachers at North really cared about me as a person and I was able to create connections with them on a personal level. The science dept. at North is WAY better!

Olathe East Sr High School 2

Posted September 02, 2008
There is so much work in every class, you cant even keep a job. Teachers book you with tons of work, but the teachers are nice and the students are excepting of others. This school isnt the best school ive ever been to. This school is a hassle to keep up with good grades, and im an honor roll student.

Posted June 19, 2008
I enjoyed my experience at this school very much, there is a slight favoritism to athletics over academics but the academics are still very strong as the test scores rank constantly at the very top in out district, and above average in the state. The teachers are there to help you, well most of them, and I was able to learn a lot from the fantastic ones, and I learned how to teach myself from the not so fantastic ones. But overall, all of the teachers that I learned from were very friendly and willing to help. The extracurricular activities are wonderful with state title holding sports teams, an award winning drama department and so much more. This is a school where everyone is welcome.

Posted August 19, 2005
I went to Olathe East from 98'-01' and I thought it was a great school. I came from a small town school that was only a 2A and made the jump up to a 6A school. I didn't know what to expect. But I found out very quickly that they have very good teachers that acually are willing to help you. So from a former students point of view I'd say that Olathe East is a very good school to send your student to. Sincerly, TJ Anderson - Class of 2001

Posted May 25, 2005
Although I am not yet a parent, I graduated from Olathe East ranked #1 in my class. The diversity of opportunities is rather astounding, and I have often reflected on Olathe East as an important source of my preparation for college and a professional career. For the most part, the staff is highly qualified, and each teacher (that I took) portrayed a sincere desire for their students to be successful. Although challenging, it is manageable, and students will feel prepared for the future. Parents are highly involved in both academic and extracurricular activities, and you can really get a sense that an environment of learning is supported. With regards to academics, Olathe East is blue ribbon school that consistently yields test scores higher than state averages. For students hoping to receive college credit, the local community college is very cooperative. Overall, Olathe East is simply a phenomenonal school.

Posted September 07, 2004
This school is defenitly outstanding. It is college bound has programs for 'street smart' smart kids, 'book' smart kids, numerous different languages, programs. The students & teachers are very diverse. Fantastic range of after school programs, for arts, music & sports. The attendence is very on point, the principal at the time was very open can relate to him didn't pick & chose children over one another. I think I can go on & on with great comments if you are looking for a good school for your high schooler this is definitely your pick, trust me!

14545 West 127th, Olathe, KS  66062
Last modified Olathe East Sr High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Olathe East Sr High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top