Ridgeview Elementary School 4

Posted August 11, 2010
I went here kindergarten through half of my second grade year. I remember crying the last day of my kindergarten year because I missed my kindergarten year! I remember my first grade teacher Ms. Holt and my second grade teacher Mrs. Gardner! I miss them all! I made many friends, and I switched school districts when we moved to Shawnee...I'm now a sophmore and I still remember all the fun we had!

Ridgeview Elementary School 3

Posted April 15, 2007
My son has been a student at Ridgeview since Kindergarten and I have been very pleased with the level of education he has received. His father and I have been very involved from day one, as we feel it is important to show him that we place a huge value in his school career. Recently we have been made to feel as if our involvement is not important or welcomed. We have trouble getting a good level of parental involvement here and are very sad that the little there is has lost it's value. I am, at this moment, considering moving him to a school that nurtures parental involvement instead of shunning it.

Posted May 18, 2006
My son started ridgeview 3 years ago when we moved here from Tx.This school has been awesome to not only to my son but to our whole family.He had a really great teacher this year who has gone out of her way to make extra one on one time with him and encourage him in everything he does.I am very thankful for this school.This fall my daughter will start kindergarten at Ridgeview as well ,and I can't say how happy I am that she will be a Panther as well!!!One more thing,the principal is awesome to,she knows all the kids my name and always has a beautiful smile.

Posted January 27, 2005

Posted December 04, 2004
My son begun here as a kdg. He was having behavior problems. I asked the principal if it would help if I could be allowed to sit in his class and go anywhere he went, for four weeks, in order to fix the problem. I was welcomed with open arms. I got the chance to see first hand the different personalities, teaching methods, and how they responded to correcting behaviors and applauding behaviors of the teachers, volunteers, custodians and the principal on a daily basis. This is an excellent school in my opinion. There is the good people and the not so good but that's everywhere not just in schools. You do have a choice when it comes to your child don't be afraid to speak up.

Posted August 09, 2004
This school has been wonderful. As a volunteer I truly enjoyed the school and the faculty. However, there were other parent/volunteers who seemed to try and stir up trouble between faculty members. These volunteers were by far the worst part of my experience. As far as the students and faculty go I think Ridgeview deserves an A+. The programs offered outside of the regular class hours shows this school's dedication to improving the lives of our children. My child's teacher's and classes have been unbelieveable in terms of support and ability to foster a good environment for learning. Overall, I have been truly satisfied with Ridgeview. All schools have good and bad characteristics but I definitely think Ridgeview's good far outweighs its drawbacks!

Ridgeview Elementary School 1

Posted July 19, 2004
RV school has turned into the most unwelcoming school for parents. I volunteered there at an average of 3 - 4 days a week for at least 5-6 hours. I wasn't allowed to use any phone or wouldn't get messages about calls made to me. I was told many times that parents are in the way. And that all I was doing was causing trouble. I was accused of doing things when it wasn't true, or I was helping a teacher doing what I was doing. I got total disrepect from the staff in that. This year I'm tranfering out, so my family can have a fresh start at another school. The shame is, I'm not leaving this school because of the wonderful teachers it had. It was all the politics that went on. The teachers were afraid for their jobs to speak up for me or any parents.

Ridgeview Elementary School
1201 East Elm, Olathe, KS  66061
Last modified Ridgeview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ridgeview Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top