Posted March 04, 2010
My daughter loves OT and we have a lot of confidence in the teaching staff there.

Posted April 02, 2009
The staff i have meet at OT have been nice and kind towards me and my kids, both of my children have improved in their test scores by at least 12% this year and my kids come home with stories about how much fun they had at school and about new things they just learned. The kids enjoy the after school programs that they can sign up to be in and have been sad when a teacher is retiring or its just the end of the year and will have other teachers next year. I think that OT is a great school and enjoy having my children go to this school.

Oregon Trail Middle School 4

Posted August 29, 2006
We have found both the teachers and administration at OT to be kind, hard-working and they hold people accountable! Where else can you find an administration that provides food for it's families during he holidays, pays for student's school supplies, pays for students to participate in programs such as cheerleading, drill team, etc. We have never been happier in Olathe schools at OT. You can only judge a school by the happiness of your child and willingness to go to school every day and try their best.

Posted September 12, 2005
Never known such caring teachers who will go the extra mile for their students. OT faculty is like a family - a community - and the students know they are cared for. The sports programs are the best with experienced coaches who expect excellence on and off the field. I can't imagine a better faculty or administration to entrust my childen with. Thank you, OT teachers, for all you've invested in the lives of hundreds, maybe thousands, of kids who will always be better people because of your influence and efforts. I am and always will be proud to say that my kids attended Oregon Trail Junior High School.

Posted August 23, 2005
I cannot disagree with the previous post more strongly. I have found the staff very supportive. Whenever we have had difficulties they were great at trouble shooting and encouraging my child. This will be my fourth year with a child at OT and I don't have ANYthing but praise for the staff, policies and rule enforcement. Mrs. Hogan was a 5 out of 5 but we have a new principal this year.

Oregon Trail Middle School 3

Posted May 04, 2005
The administration at OT is disturbing. I agree that some are not qualified and do not take the extra effort with the children that Olathe has always been known for. I moved to Olathe for the schools, but I am disappointed. I think the staff makes up their own rules as they go and I would be happy if most of them were replaced. There are a few decent teachers, but over the past 4 years I have been connected with OT, they are few and far between. The level of parent involvement is good.

Oregon Trail Middle School 3

Posted March 11, 2005
The teacher quality is very low at Oregon Trail. I can think of several teachers who are not qualified or do not teach to the ability they should. The programs at Oregon Trail are pretty good. Their are many clubs to participate in, even though a lot of the teachers running them end up cancelling the meetings.

Oregon Trail Middle School
1800 West Dennis, Olathe, KS  66061
Last modified Oregon Trail Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oregon Trail Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top