Posted March 06, 2014
I went to north and I have had an amazing experience everyone says bad things about north but it has taught me so much. It is a diverse school and I learned about so many different cultures just from the people I was surrounded with. Everybody fits in there and you won't see racism because we are a family "you're in high school once but you're an eagle forever"

Posted May 08, 2013
I have visited Olathe North as a Special Education substitute. Although I have only worked with a handful of teachers, the ones I have observed are some of the best I have ever seen. The teachers at ON are very competent in their subjects, and know how to explain things clearly to their students. They also have great rapport and go out of their way to meet students' needs. The kids at ON are diverse and this is a bonus. These kids work together with each other despite their differences. They all seem comfortable at the school and in the classroom.

Posted June 24, 2012
Very few schools can say the same things that North can in terms of outstanding teachers, great community involvement and support, and a safe and comfortable feel within the hallways. I would like to say that North may have a reputation and does have quite a bit more diversity, but hey thats the real world for ya. Speaking from a students point of view i would like to tell future students and parents to get involved and join something like one of our extreamly great programs like sports med, which I am apart of and love it and all the teachers in the department, but also join other things like clubs or sports teams because North always has a place for each student, so go out and find where you could fit into a great learning institution.

Posted March 25, 2012
I attended Olathe North and loved it. It has an undeserved reputation as compared to the "richer" schools in the Olathe school district, but anyone with first-hand experience knows the reality. Olathe North's has character and its diversity only adds to that. The atmosphere and sense of community is in a class of its own you truly can tell that it is special. The teachers are excellent. It is an unfortunate fact that can be said about any school that not all teachers are up to par, but I can honestly say that I never had a teacher by whom I felt short-changed on my education. I can also honestly say that almost all of the teachers I had did go above and beyond. They were passionate about what they taught and about helping their students to succeed. I was constantly challenged by them and given the tools necessary to succeed. The administration, teachers, staff, students and parents are proud of the school and everyone is involved and does their part to see that it flourishes. I would not change my high school experience for anything. I feel that my education was first-rate and that I was well-prepared for life after high school.

Posted March 23, 2012
Undoubtably the best school in Olathe....great teacher amazing programs. What more could you ask for in a school.

Olathe North Sr High School 4

Posted February 21, 2012
I went to Olathe North and absolutely loved it. The atmosphere was friendly and encouraging. The diversity among the students was great. I really felt like I got to know a lot of different kinds of people and was able to connect well with the teachers.

Posted April 21, 2011
I am a current student at Olathe North and all I can say is its reputation doesn't fit the school. The atmosphere is amazing! You can walk into Olathe North and realize that there is something different about it. There is unity within diversity and a unity between teachers and students. Unlike the other Olathe schools, North allows students to be around ALL types of people. It also has amazing teachers! They all really want to be there and help students prosper. All the teachers are personable and caring, and I know that I, sincerely, care for all of mine. There are issues just like any high school has but the way that they are taken care of between the administrations, teachers, and students are phenomenal. This is a very good school for any student that wants an amazing education and the true high school experience.

Posted December 18, 2010
Olathe North is an excellent school for my son who is in the Distinquished Scholars program for math, an athlete, a straight A student, and an all around good person. He loves North and is very proud of his school. The teachers are excellent and go the extra mile to teach kids the curriculum and life values to prepare them for post-graduation. The parents are very energetic about supporting the school, and many attended North themselves as students. The administration is very visible to students and parents, and are building a relationship that allows you to feel a connection to them. We are happy with our choice to send our son to Olathe North.

Posted December 15, 2009

Posted December 04, 2009
This school is a wonderful and diverse high school. More than the normal high school curriculum is learned here.

Olathe North Sr High School
600 East Prairie, Olathe, KS  66061
Last modified Olathe North Sr High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Olathe North Sr High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top