Bad
Good

Scarborough Elementary School 5

Posted May 30, 2009
My daughter is downstairs with me one day and I'm on the computer and she asks me, 'How do you spell 'yellow' Daddy', to which I reply 'y-e-l-l-o'. She says 'Oh no that's not how you spell yellow Daddy you spell yellow, 'y-e-l-l-o-w'. I said you're right. Then she rattled off how to spell all the other colors and then proceeded to do them in sign language as well. It was October and she was in kindergarten! Which is only a half day so I was amazed she learned all that in such a short time. To make a long story short I told the principal he should give that teacher a raise. Miss Dennis you are awesome! My daughter is 11 now and just completed 5th grade. She got 100 on the Kansas math assessment. I have a job offer in North Carolina and I am struggling with moving.

Scarborough Elementary School 5

Posted May 22, 2009
We have to move away and we are heartbroken because our son was so happy at Scarborough...He spent his Kindergarten and 1st grade classes there and is slightly autistic, and he made such huge progress thanks to the attention, help, warmth and care he received...The principal is attentive and available, very dynamic and the school community is wonderful...The teachers my son had were extremely competent and attentive to our son's needs...He had an IEP and got all the services that we felt he needed and more...They also have all the 'specials', like art, spanish, computer, PE etc...Overall a great dynamic, warm, environment and community, a great school for kids to learn and grow...we will miss it tremendously....

Scarborough Elementary School
2000 Lindenwood, Olathe, KS  66062
Last modified Scarborough Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.