Olathe, KS

Posted November 25, 2013
I am a grandmother of one of Tomahawk's students. We just got custody of her last summer and this is her first year at Tomahawk (2nd grade). Because of a terrible situation before we got custody, she has a number of learning disabilities, but I want to say that she could not have been transferred to a better school. I am amazed at how caring the teachers, counselors, and nursing staff are. With the help of these folks and the amazing family that she now has, she is making leaps and bounds. We are ending a spiral of abuse and trying to ensure that this little girl has everything she needs to become a happy, useful, successful, etc, member of society in the future.Thanks Tomahawk.

Tomahawk Elementary School 1

Posted August 18, 2007

Tomahawk Elementary School 4

Posted December 18, 2006
Our children have been served well by Tomahawk. The school is sensitive to each child's needs. I cannot say enough good things about the staff. The teachers I have had contact with have surpassed my expectations.

Tomahawk Elementary School 4

Posted July 27, 2006

Posted March 07, 2005
Tomahawk has provided a good, solid, academic program for our children. The teachers who provide this strong program are highly qualified and first rate! What we like most is that they communicate positives and negatives about our children's performance when they are proud and or concerned. The school s principal, teachers and staff make everyone feel welcome. This warm welcome is part of the reason for our strong parent involvement. We have also been able to enjoy the extracurricular activities that is made available for our children, especially the music.

Posted February 18, 2005
I think that Tomahawk is a wonderful school for my children to attend. The quality of the academic programs has been very good. The availability of extracurricular activities has been good. The level of parent involvement has been excellent. I am concerned about how the Olathe school district splits this school to go to 2 different junior high schools, then sends them to Senior high schools that do not feed from the junior high schools they attend.

Tomahawk Elementary School 2

Posted April 26, 2004
Unfortunately, this school has made a turn for the worse over the past few years. It is in desperate need of strong leadership and discipline amongst the students. Additionally, the concern for the students and their education, not only on behalf of the teachers but the principal as well, is less than desirable. We are not looking to place any of our children in this school after this year.

Posted April 15, 2004
My children love Tomahawk, there is a family atmosphere and the teachers are great. My children have become excellent readers and they have become very confident about their school work with the help of encouraging teachers.

Tomahawk Elementary School 1

Posted October 30, 2003
If you are concerned about your child learning the basics (reading, math, spelling), this school isn't for you. The principal is good at promoting the school, but the truth is the school needs better leadership. The school does not prepare the students for junior high school and the junior high school teachers are aware of this deficiency.

Tomahawk Elementary School
13820 South Brougham Dr, Olathe, KS  66062
Last modified Tomahawk Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tomahawk Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top