Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted May 03, 2016
My son is now in his second year at Brougham Elementary and our family has really enjoyed this school. The teachers, support staff, and principal all greet him by name and encourage him daily. I even received a personal phone call from the principal Mrs. Conklin last year where she just wanted to tell me that my son was having a great week , she was glad he attended the school and wanted to let me know I could contact her if I ever needed anything. I am grateful to all the staff at Brougham for helping my son have a great elementary school experience. F. R.

Posted December 07, 2013
We have had children at Brougham for 8 years. The negative principal reviews on this site are accurate, but this year the principal has shown that she has listened to the complaints and she has worked hard to be approachable and friendly. She is also very professional and she takes the necessary steps to ensure our school is successful on all levels. One thing that has remained consistent at Brougham is that it has the BEST teachers! Throughout our time at Brougham, we have never had a single complaint about any of them. We love Brougham and we are so grateful that our children were able to attend such a wonderful school!

Posted July 15, 2013
We have been at Brougham now for almost 15 years! This school used to be the best school on Olathe due to the wonderful leader and Prinicipal. Three years ago he moved to a new school and we were given a terrible replacement. A prinicipla should be happy, smiling, trying to engage in conversation with the parents and the students not avoiding it, a prinicpal needs to lead by example. This is not being done anymore, which has led to many staff changes in the past three years. Last May 5 teachers announced they were leaving. We decided to move, our youngest will only be in 2nd grade and we could not imagine dealing with this principal any longer than we already have. We caution you stronly if looking to buy a house in the brougham school districit think twice you will be very disappointed.

Posted May 28, 2013
I think Brougham needs a principal that can work with parents, who is happy to have parent involvement and who actually wants to be there. To be a principal you should have people skills and be the face of the school. Public relations is a vital part of the job.

Brougham Elementary School 3

Posted May 24, 2013
I totally agree with the previous review. Brougham has been in a free fall ever since Mrs. Conklin became the principal. She is single handily ruining our neighborhood school. I have written the district the last 2 years (2012, 2013) voicing my concerns, but have gotten no where. My fear is she will return to Brougham and our school will continue to decline.

Posted May 08, 2013
As you can tell by the previous comments, Mr. Lowe was loved by the entire Brougham community...he is missed by teachers, parents and especially the students. Since he has left, Brougham has changed dramtically. The new principal has made the school a miserable place for everyone - the kids do not feel comfortable around her, she makes it VIVIDLY clear that she does NOT welcome parents at all in the academic process. She is difficult to work with and the parental involvement has flat-lined - they can not get parents to volunteer for any of the committees. This school used to be a "9" on this website - the test scores have declines, bullying is ignored, teachers are leaving....VERY sad turn for the worse - this used to be the best school in the area - the pride is GONE!

Posted July 07, 2009
We were in private school a year ago and our oldest boy was entering 2nd Grade and we were concerned about his Sensory Processing Disorder. We visited Brougham to investigate moving from Private Education to our local school district. In our first meeting, there were 5 professionals interested in our son. The OT, PT, School Psychologist, Principle & Teacher. I was overwhelmed and impressed at their attentiveness as we started the year, last year. We had a few incidences with my son's behavior and each time it was addressed professionally and full-force with their hearts leading the way. I can't say enough good things about Mr. Lowe's leadership & care for the children. Great principle management & teacher involvement

Posted April 22, 2009
All four of my children have attended Brougham or are currently students there. It is an excellent school with fabulous teachers, superb adminstrative leadership in Mr. Brian Lowe and a high degree of parental involvement.

Brougham Elementary School 1

Posted November 27, 2008
Brougham is like all other Olathe Schools. The district will not promote your child or provide schooling for the above average. They make all children average teaching down to the above average. They started to teach more advanced concepts in Math and Science because of the 'No Child Left Behind' policy.

Posted October 01, 2008
We loved Brougham. When my daughter was in Kindergarten she asked me, 'Can I go to Brougham my whole life?' The principal is wonderful. The teachers are great. The staff is terrific. I was absolutely heartbroken we had to move due to a job change. No school will ever measure up to Brougham. The school we are currently attending is in Blue Valley and the principal didn't even realize we were new because she doesn't bother to get to know anyone. Brougham's principal, by comparison, makes it his mission to get to know entire families, even younger siblings not in school yet. The staff there treats everyone like family and it is so easy to get involved and volunteer. The PTC keeps the fundraisers and activities simple so parents don't go broke! There is a great new park across the street, too.

Brougham Elementary School
15500 South Brougham Dr, Olathe, KS  66062
Last modified Brougham Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.