Osawatomie, KS

Osawatomie High School 4

Posted May 29, 2009
I transferred to this school at the end of my freshman year. I moved from a 5A school in the city to a 4A school in what most people call the country. The amount of people in my class was the amount of people in my new school. I was uneasy about it being so small, but I got over it. I was in shock for the most part but when I settled in I realized that the school was great. There are many different types of classes students can take like; computers, business, gym, choir, and art. Students can also be a teacher s aide and help teachers do some of their everyday tasks. This high school has an alternative education program also that provides a closer relationship between students and teachers. Also teenage pregnancy cannot be a problem in an area because it is and will always be the teenager's

Osawatomie High School 1

Posted February 18, 2008
That is so great that the high school has all these great programs...now. The fact that the principal was so unwilling to work with teenage pregnancy, which seems to be a problem in that area, is a huge disappointment. Some of the teachers seem to prefer to engage in the lives of the student despite the invitation or not.

Posted January 10, 2008
it is a smaller school, but the kids and staff are very nice, and helpful. and, every student gets a lap top

Posted March 15, 2007
I've been in 5 different schools in two states and the Osawatomie school system is by far the best. There are many after school programs offered, sports programs, art programs, study nights, college classes, and much more. During the 2005-2006 school year, Osawatomie High became innovators in learning by offering *all* of their students laptop/tablet convertible computers. I am currently in my second year with the laptop program, and the things that we can do are amazing. I see high schools in the paper from time to time bragging about how all of their students have Palm Pilots.well, our elementary school students have palm pilots and they've had them for three years. With the advent of a YMCA (funded by the town!) merged with the school in the 2006-2007 school year, Osawatomie is yet again innovating.

Posted April 18, 2005
I am a student at osawatomie high school and personally i love it. we moved and we came back its not really about who your parents are its just how well you do whatever your doing. sure there are a ton of people who do sports but its not all about that. the teachers here are all great. there are a ton of classes you can take for art, and music, we also have a ton of different buisness classes you can take throughout your high school career. I think Oz has something for everybody whether it be buisness,science,music,fitness,or art theres plenty to pick from and they keep adding more classes each year to make your high school years better. if i were you i would pick Oz to send your teenager to.

Osawatomie High School
1200 Trojan Dr, Osawatomie, KS  66064
Last modified Osawatomie High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Osawatomie High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top