PK-5 & Ungraded|Public district
400 students|Ottawa School District

Bad
Good

Garfield consistently improves each year in test scores and more areas. Teachers are extremely caring and enthusiastic about teaching. We have been in Garfield with two children and the atmosphere and curriculum continue to improve every year! We very much appreciate the principal who came a few years ago from the Blue Valley District. She has great ideas, is great to work with and strives to create a positive and progressive learning atmosphere. This school is moving forward in leaps and bounds!

We moved from Olathe to Ottawa in October 2005. My son has had the best teachings at Garfield and my daughter has been going there since Kindergarden. They love the school, staff and have made some good friends and a lot of memories to carry with them threw adulthood. It is the absolute best school my kids have ever attended. Amazing teachers and staff and Mr. Green is a fantastic principle.If your kids goto Garfield and you are not pleased with the teachings and the way things are there you should make every effort to talk about the issues with the principle they will do whatever it takes to make you and your children feel welcome.. Thanks Garfield for being there for my kids in every sence of the word and making them feel safe and my family!

We moved to Garfield from Eisenhower in Ottawa. We have been VERY pleased with everyone at Garfield and our kids have been quite happy. I feel like they are being challenged academically, yet still have fun during their day.

We entered this school in August 2006. We found it to be incredibly welcoming - we had attended another school within Ottawa. The 'feel' of the school from the moment we walked in was inviting. One of my daughters has struggled in school in the past- she is a challenge in the classroom environment- but a great kid. At Garfield I've always felt that they saw the great kid before the challenges. Thank you so much!

Last modified Garfield Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.