Overland Park, KS

Oxford Middle School
Develops grit: Agree

Posted June 02, 2015
All of the students are determined to get out of the school because it's so bad

Oxford Middle School 1

Posted June 02, 2015
I have had the pleasure... or should I say torture of going to Oxford Middle School for all 3 years of middle school. At first I thought it was okay until I realized how psychotic and trashy their administration and staff are. If a teacher doesn't like you or is prejudiced against you, the administration allows them to give you numerous detentions and office referrals. One time a teacher made a student cry because she was "talking in class" when she was actually reading a book and sent her to the office for an office referral. The food is also terrible. On numerous occasions, I see the lunch ladies wearing no gloves and then they cough all over the food. Disgusting. The vice principal left after I graduated but she was terrible. The principal is a little better but she needs to get her staff in line because they are scarring children and making them cry. On one occasion, the principal yelled at a student and pulled them out of class because they didn't address the teacher "correctly" during attendance (they said "I'm actually here" instead of "here"). At lunch, if you even accidentally pop a chip bag, the teachers make you throw away your lunch and send you to the office. then they go to ASSIGNED SEATING for the next year until the kids "can behave again". Also, if you try to sit with more than 8 people at a table, they scream at you to move to a table by yourself. In high school you can sit wherever and they don't care what you do. The Athletics are also very bad. Oxford has lost every single one of its track meets for the past two years. the "coaches" for football and basketball don't care at all which is probably why nobody comes to our school for athletics. Also, the computer and electronics are very very bad. apparently this school has a huge budget but they're probably spending it on potato chips and discipline books for the staff, rather than things that will benefit the students. If you go to the Blue Valley school district, DO NOT go to this school. I have learned almost nothing and am almost scarred from the experience.

Oxford Middle School 1

Posted May 22, 2013
This school sucks the vice principal is mean the principal is mean if you have kids with good expectations DO NOT GO TO OXFORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oxford Middle School 2

Posted May 10, 2012
I have been very disappointed with this school, i am African American single parent. Upon my son entering this school the vice principal and counselors seemed to already formed a negative view of my son even though he was a straight A student with no previous behavior issues. I am consistently being called and my son given detentions for everything from accidently shooting someone with a rubber band to he was with a group of boys that knocked a water bottle off a table and hit another boy. I have had the principal walk up to my car while dropping my son off and ask can she help me? Even though he has been going to this school over a year. I could see if i did not care or my son was causing major problems, but i stayed at the school and consistently call. Being divorced is not a crime and i do have to work but apparently being a minority is.

Oxford Middle School 5

Posted February 08, 2012
The teachers and principals are great at this school. They take the time to get to know the students and ensure their teaching adapts to the various learning styles.

Oxford Middle School 5

Posted October 18, 2007
were do i start. the teachers are great the atmosphre is wondrful and the trust system is right on track if you were to send your child to any middle school choose this one!!!!!!

Oxford Middle School 3

Posted September 01, 2006
Very dedicated teachers, but we couldn't enroll our son in any advanced studies and/or gifted programs, so far. We are kind of disappointed.

Oxford Middle School 4

Posted August 22, 2006
This past Spring our family transferred here from out of state. Oxford has been by far the best school we have enrolled our child into. The staff is great! They are very understanding, and seemed to be genuinely concerned that our child was comfortable in their school and that he would get the best education. Thumbs up for the great work this school does to see that all it's student's succeed.

Oxford Middle School
12500 Switzer Rd, Overland Park, KS  66213
Last modified Oxford Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oxford Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top