Overland Park, KS

Oxford Middle School 2

Posted May 10, 2012
I have been very disappointed with this school, i am African American single parent. Upon my son entering this school the vice principal and counselors seemed to already formed a negative view of my son even though he was a straight A student with no previous behavior issues. I am consistently being called and my son given detentions for everything from accidently shooting someone with a rubber band to he was with a group of boys that knocked a water bottle off a table and hit another boy. I have had the principal walk up to my car while dropping my son off and ask can she help me? Even though he has been going to this school over a year. I could see if i did not care or my son was causing major problems, but i stayed at the school and consistently call. Being divorced is not a crime and i do have to work but apparently being a minority is.

Posted February 08, 2012
The teachers and principals are great at this school. They take the time to get to know the students and ensure their teaching adapts to the various learning styles.

Posted October 10, 2009

Posted August 08, 2008

Posted October 18, 2007
were do i start. the teachers are great the atmosphre is wondrful and the trust system is right on track if you were to send your child to any middle school choose this one!!!!!!

Posted January 04, 2007

Oxford Middle School 3

Posted September 01, 2006
Very dedicated teachers, but we couldn't enroll our son in any advanced studies and/or gifted programs, so far. We are kind of disappointed.

Oxford Middle School 4

Posted August 22, 2006
This past Spring our family transferred here from out of state. Oxford has been by far the best school we have enrolled our child into. The staff is great! They are very understanding, and seemed to be genuinely concerned that our child was comfortable in their school and that he would get the best education. Thumbs up for the great work this school does to see that all it's student's succeed.

Oxford Middle School
12500 Switzer Rd, Overland Park, KS  66213
Last modified Oxford Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oxford Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top