Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 10, 2015
I am grateful for my 7th grade ELA teacher Ms. Erker. I am thankful for her because she is kind, helpful, fun, and is always there for me.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted December 10, 2015
The teachers at the school teach their subject in a fun and productive manner, and they always help you when needed.

Posted December 10, 2015
I feel that this school is amazing for many reasons. The teachers at this school are awesome! They're always so kind and helpful to the students. I love the teachers because they always try to make learning fun! Oxford also has great curriculum. The extra classes we do at school are always educational, hands-on, and very fun. Oxford is a great school because no matter what kind of student you are, the staff and students are always there to help. I thank this school for an awesome 3 years of fun and learning!

Oxford Middle School 4

Posted December 10, 2015
I absolutely love my school, the teachers are amazing and so are the students. The diversity here is so cool to see, we have kids from Brazil, India, China, Japan and England, it is amazing to see all of the different cultures.

Grateful to:
SCHOOL LEADER
I currently work at OMS and I'm writing this review to thank the parents and community members that support OMS and all their efforts to provide students an "education beyond expectations." The parents here are amazingly supportive and generous. The job of a teacher isn't "easy" but it would not be possible without the support from home. All too often the focus is on the "negative" experience of 1 individual and I can assure you that those are few and far between. The majority of OMS stakeholders make being a part of OMS an amazing thing. Seeing some of the comments on this review site is disappointing because there isn't 1 staff member at OMS that wouldn't do whatever is needed to ensure every student has a positive experience. Having said that, I know the majority of our parents believe in the school's vision/mission and the staff members. This is why I want to thank them for all they do to support OMS!
Posted December 09, 2015

Posted December 08, 2015
Great leadership! This school really cares about their students and families too. It's all about the whole child at Oxford. Teachers & Administration go above and beyond to make it a great place for learning.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted June 02, 2015
All of the students are determined to get out of the school because it's so bad

Oxford Middle School 1

Posted May 22, 2013
This school sucks the vice principal is mean the principal is mean if you have kids with good expectations DO NOT GO TO OXFORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oxford Middle School 2

Posted May 10, 2012
I have been very disappointed with this school, i am African American single parent. Upon my son entering this school the vice principal and counselors seemed to already formed a negative view of my son even though he was a straight A student with no previous behavior issues. I am consistently being called and my son given detentions for everything from accidently shooting someone with a rubber band to he was with a group of boys that knocked a water bottle off a table and hit another boy. I have had the principal walk up to my car while dropping my son off and ask can she help me? Even though he has been going to this school over a year. I could see if i did not care or my son was causing major problems, but i stayed at the school and consistently call. Being divorced is not a crime and i do have to work but apparently being a minority is.

Posted February 08, 2012
The teachers and principals are great at this school. They take the time to get to know the students and ensure their teaching adapts to the various learning styles.

12500 Switzer Rd, Overland Park, KS  66213
Last modified Oxford Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.