Posted July 29, 2014
I've had 3 kids go through this school and it has been an all-around positive experience. The teachers are caring and professional. If your kid needs extra help, he/she will get it. Parents are highly involved and volunteer for all kinds of activities. It has been a nice community to be involved with. This is a "neighborhood school," and feels like a family. We moved here for the schools and have been very satisfied. Blue Valley is a top-notch district--it would be hard to find better public schools or higher quality programs anywhere.

Cottonwood Point Elementary School 2

Posted April 01, 2013
If you want your child to have a good foundation in early childhood this is not a good school to go to. The classes are now split up by age however, the older class learns the exact same thing as the younger class so I am not sure what the purpose is. The teachers say they expand on the same material with the older students but they do not. The specialists come in a couple of times a week and they are great!! The specialists are always very energetic and willing to go the extra mile but unfortuneately they are not the main teachers. The teachers just seem to have gotten comfortable with doing the minimum. We always get more communication from the speicalists. It seems like the teacher sends the same material every year, just changes the dates but there is no regular communication. Other than when the specialists come in my child always says that they didn't learn anything new. They do love what they learn from the specialist and I can normally tell when they have had a class with them because they are high in spirits.

Cottonwood Point Elementary School 4

Posted April 16, 2010
We moved our children from private schools in MD to the Blue Valley District two years ago. Cottonwood Point Elementary has been a wonderful place for our children. Principal Dr. Jill Smith is enthusiastic, caring, devoted and readily available to anyone that might need her, including the children. The teachers and staff are wonderful. There are many ESOL students (ours are not) at this school, which may or may not affect test scores and this schools overall ranking. We have found the diverse culture at the school to be a positive and real-world reflection of life for our children. I would rate this school an 8 of 10. The Blue Valley District is everything you would expect and more, and the community and parent support is like none I have ever seen.

Cottonwood Point Elementary School 2

Posted December 06, 2009
We moved here and chose Blue Valley school system because they allegedly were great schools. We unfortunately have not found this to be true for CPE. My daughter's teacher leaves 10 minutes before the end of the day. I never see the principal around. The school activities that I have attended or very poorly organized. They have on 2 occasions put my daughter's safety at risk by leaving her unattended.

Posted May 27, 2009

Posted February 02, 2008
This is the greatist school i have ever been to.

Cottonwood Point Elementary School 3

Posted February 06, 2006

Posted March 20, 2005
This has been an amazing school. It isn't your standard school. I just love the extras that even the counselor, Mrs. Kern, provides. She teaches several virtues and visits the classrooms once a week. The nurse and reading specialist are also wonderful and caring. There is always after hour family get-togethers from an auction, pancake supper, large scout program, dances, etc. Teachers are very supportive and top notch. Mr. McClelland, the principal, is the nicest man and the kids love him. Each teacher that my children have provides daily communication either thru a newsletter or voicemail. They have an outdoor classroom and garden, separate cafeteria/gym, nice playground, very active PTA and parent involvement. In one day alone, I've seen over 50 parents there just to volunteer in the classrooms! Teacher-parent communication is the key to this wonderful school! Keep up the good work.

Posted May 27, 2004
You couldn't ask for a better place to be! My daughter thrives at this school due to the teacher attention and academic excellence. The principal, Mr. Jeff McClelland is top notch. When you walk through the doors, you feel like you've come home. A wonderful and safe environment with highly motivated educators!

Cottonwood Point Elementary School
10521 West 129th St, Overland Park, KS  66213
Last modified Cottonwood Point Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cottonwood Point Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top