Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

This school has excellent teachers and administration. The principal goes above and beyond to make both parents and students feel welcome on a daily basis. Each teacher differentiates instruction to tailor to his/her students while making every child feel comfortable and at home. Parents are highly involved at this school and each classroom provides a high quality learning environment for every student.

There are great teachers and not so great teachers. My least favorite person here is the principal. Be careful around her. She is never there and always in meetings. She appears to be great at first, but has driven away many teachers in the past three years. I am glad we have moved on. My daughter did great in 5th grade. Her 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grade teachers have all left the school. Lots of politics in the school at times. Watch your backs around some families. Some are wonderful. Check the homework grading to make sure it is correct---some teachers do not grade it correctly.

Develops character: Neutral

Not all kids follow the rules the same. I think that the wealth distribution is broad.

I've had 3 kids go through this school and it has been an all-around positive experience. The teachers are caring and professional. If your kid needs extra help, he/she will get it. Parents are highly involved and volunteer for all kinds of activities. It has been a nice community to be involved with. This is a "neighborhood school," and feels like a family. We moved here for the schools and have been very satisfied. Blue Valley is a top-notch district--it would be hard to find better public schools or higher quality programs anywhere.

If you want your child to have a good foundation in early childhood this is not a good school to go to. The classes are now split up by age however, the older class learns the exact same thing as the younger class so I am not sure what the purpose is. The teachers say they expand on the same material with the older students but they do not. The specialists come in a couple of times a week and they are great!! The specialists are always very energetic and willing to go the extra mile but unfortuneately they are not the main teachers. The teachers just seem to have gotten comfortable with doing the minimum. We always get more communication from the speicalists. It seems like the teacher sends the same material every year, just changes the dates but there is no regular communication. Other than when the specialists come in my child always says that they didn't learn anything new. They do love what they learn from the specialist and I can normally tell when they have had a class with them because they are high in spirits.

We moved our children from private schools in MD to the Blue Valley District two years ago. Cottonwood Point Elementary has been a wonderful place for our children. Principal Dr. Jill Smith is enthusiastic, caring, devoted and readily available to anyone that might need her, including the children. The teachers and staff are wonderful. There are many ESOL students (ours are not) at this school, which may or may not affect test scores and this schools overall ranking. We have found the diverse culture at the school to be a positive and real-world reflection of life for our children. I would rate this school an 8 of 10. The Blue Valley District is everything you would expect and more, and the community and parent support is like none I have ever seen.

We moved here and chose Blue Valley school system because they allegedly were great schools. We unfortunately have not found this to be true for CPE. My daughter's teacher leaves 10 minutes before the end of the day. I never see the principal around. The school activities that I have attended or very poorly organized. They have on 2 occasions put my daughter's safety at risk by leaving her unattended.

This is the greatist school i have ever been to.

Last modified Cottonwood Point Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.