PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

Holy Spirit School 2

Posted November 03, 2015
CONS - Lack of technology! The school fails to use new technologies to teach, train, use and communicate. Overall lack of clear direction and leadership. Pros- Church had outstanding community but that too might be changing with changes in church direction and local leadership as of this posting date. School fails to keep up with good local public schools.

Posted May 12, 2014
I am a recent graduate from Holy Spirit and currently a freshman at Saint Thomas Aquinas. I am taking all honors classes and even exempted out of algebra 1 into honors geometry thanks to the amazing preparation I've had at Holy Spirit. The teachers were always involved and cared about how you had been doing in class. I could not have asked for a better grade school and I definitely recommend Holy Spirit to any new families. The community at HS is so welcoming and inviting and they make you feel like you're a part of a family. I have made lifelong friends throughout the nine years I had attended Holy Spirit- ever since kindergarten! Faith is incorporated into every thing we do- it is the cornerstone of our education. Our priest is one of the most amazing in the archdiocese. So if you want a school with amazing academics and most importantly a strong faith based community, Holy Spirit is just the place for you.

Posted April 02, 2014
My son attended this school for pre-k. He absolutely loves it here and I am very impressed by how involved the teachers are. We LOVE this school!

Posted November 01, 2013
Holy Spirit is an excellent school with great families, teachers, and administrators. I feel my children are receiving an excellent education here as well as spiritual guidance.

Holy Spirit School 3

Posted May 13, 2013
A grand total of 21 staff members and faculty have left this school in the last 5 years since this principal was hired. Several families have pulled their children and put them in public schools. The only good thing about this school are the teachers that have been there over 10 years, and there are only a handful left. This isn't sour grapes either, it is the truth.

Posted January 30, 2013
My children go to school at Holy Spirit in Overland Park. I have read the reviews and I have to say that I have never had a problem with the Principal. In fact I haven t had an issue getting a hold of her. I am not in the "IN" crowd of parents that are reported on this site. I only care that my children do well and are treated well. That is what is happening. Both my daughter and son love their school and their friends they have made. Their teachers all work hard to help them be successful and learn the skills they will need to make it in the world. Reading these negative reviews bring to mind a bunch of sour grapes. I would be curious to know specifically what the principal has done to merit the attacks. Rather than ambiguity why not state exactly what happened? Then we can all judge if she was in the wrong. Any one looking for an excellent Catholic school you couldn t find one finer than Holy Spirit. I am not involved as I should be in the school activities as other parents are; but I am pleased with the education my children are receiving.

Posted October 13, 2012
We love it here! What a wonderful community!!! Everyone with the school and church make you feel so welcome. Our children are doing wonderful at the is school. There is a true drive for excellence. They focus on academics and good behavior among the students. We couldn't be happier.

Holy Spirit School 1

Posted May 10, 2012
"Allthat is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing"...many good people have tried to do something, unfortunately, they are not being listened to. It is disturbing to see how an intruder can come into our community and completely change the landscape of the school. Even more disturbing that parents and staff don't feel heard by the priest.

Holy Spirit School 1

Posted May 08, 2012
Clearly a tough time at this school, and the children are the ones suffering. What is undeniable is that there are fantastic teachers leaving again this year - for the third or fourth year in a row. That's not a favoritism issue or a "parent" issue - that's a management issue, and it is directly tied back to the current administration. It's unfortunate that the joy, enthusiasm and dedication to a positive Christian and Catholic education is being drained from this school. The parents, the parish community and most of all the students deserve better.

Posted May 03, 2012
If you are so unhappy, quit complaining and go somewhere else! Very Christian attitudes on here...how disgusting. As far as the pastor is concerned...no, he does not cater to some of the high-maintenance parents that are overly involved. He trusts his teachers and the principal; remember, they have the degrees in Education , not us!

Holy Spirit School