Posted January 04, 2012
The reason I send my boys to HCCS .the school community. A school family lost their dad this week and the way the families came together was breathtaking. The teachers and staff, parents and even students all helped in their way from doing photo videos, taking pictures, sending emails, flowers, making food for the lunch and making sure everything was perfectly set for the family after the funeral, to the setup and breaking down of the table and chairs. It's amazing to see how a school can come together when someone is in need.

Posted November 30, 2011
I am beyond happy with our experience and I now know why we chose a private couldn't be happier with our choice to trust our children's education with Holy Cross. Academics and Faith filled days show when my children come home. The community is welcoming and supportive and offers opportunities for parental involvement. The principal shows strong leadership and has reached out to parents in a survey. The preschool is beyond caring and wonderful, the experienced staff and nurturing environment give me a great feeling of security. I have made a few surprise visits during the day and been cheerfully greeted and pleasantly surprised.

Holy Cross Catholic School 2

Posted November 16, 2011
Until I realized that "Bullying" was taken lightly, I thought highly of Holy Cross. Recently my Grandson was held down and punched in the stomach and choked my 4 other boys on school property and the principal gave detentions of the same magnitude to ALL boys including my grandson. I feel that suspension should be mandatory for any student that intentionally and forcefully harms another child. My grandson was tossing rocks around and one bounced off another rock and hit a boys leg. This was an accident and though he should not be playing with rocks ( as kids do), he should not have been held down and beat on and then receive the same punishment as 4 boys who ganged up on him. I have to say that Bullying is taken lightly at Holy Cross School. The parents were not called in to the school which should have been done immediately and the 4 other boys who never even had to say I'm sorry, should have been all called in together to avoid "getting their stories together". They did admit to this action but simply got a slap on the wrist for it (some only received warnings).

Posted April 11, 2011
My son is finishing his first year at Holy Cross and I am so pleased we chose this school. Academics are challenging, but what I really love is the art and music program. From the art projects my son brings home to show us, I can tell that he is being challenged to think creatively. The music teacher is amazing and has been well-recognized for the program she has built at Holy Cross. It is a school that teaches children how to think, not just take tests. Our son is the oldest of three and we plan to be a part of the wonderful Holy Cross school community for many years to come.

Holy Cross Catholic School 0

Posted April 17, 2010
We transferred to Holy Cross from another local Catholic school and have been absolutely floored with how wonderful Holy Cross has been to us. Academically it is ahead of the rest. Never have I entered a school and had everyone I encountered smile and ask if I needed help or directions. This school is top notch! from the top down it ranks high above any other Catholic school in the area. The Spanish course is challenging and not there just for show, they really learn it! Extracurricular activities are not for only the 'popular' kids, anyone can play.Catechesis of the Good Shepherd is also an excellent program and ran by loving moms/volunteers. I only wish we had come to Holy Cross much earlier.

Holy Cross Catholic School 0

Posted March 24, 2010
We have been a part of the Holy Cross community for five years now and are happy with the education our child is receiving. The expectations of the teachers are high but that's part of why we send our child to a private school. We feel that our child is getting an exceptional education at Holy Cross. The only negative I have about Holy Cross is the pre-school. The director is wonderful and loving to the children but some of the teachers are unkind to the children and I would discourage anyone who asks me from sending their child there. It's certainly not the place I want my child to get their first experience of school from.

Holy Cross Catholic School 2

Posted October 27, 2009

Posted February 19, 2009
We are new to Holy Cross and to the area. My kids are adapting to new experiences including going to Mass and learning about the Catholic church. Everyone has been so helpful and encouraging. Classwork is not easy, but my husband and I are excited that our kids are being challenged in a way that better prepares them for the future. We also appreciate the extras. Today my kids came home talking about the jazz band that performed at school. We made a great choice we when enrolled in Holy Cross!

Posted February 07, 2009
As a new parent at Holy Cross and a veteran of the local Overland Park schools, I feel qualified to offer my impressions of this school! First, why did we pull our children out of public school? Well, should I start with the bullying of my child by a public school gang because she wasn't black or should I talk about the lack of academics? Why don't I instead talk about how at Holy Cross my children are safe, sound and happy and I can sleep at night without worrying about my daughter's safety? Or I can talk about the fact my kids have had extra tutoring to catch up with their Holy Cross classmates since Holy Cross is about 1.5 years ahead of the public schools? If this school is in trouble, I hope and pray they keep it up! Thank you Jesus!

Holy Cross Catholic School 4

Posted February 06, 2009
I have one child in first grade and plan on sending my other child next year to kindergarten. I live 20 minutes away, and live much closer to other Catholic schools, but choose Holy Cross. The Holy cross School community is exceptional. Being a new parent, I have been welcomed with open arms. The teachers have been there for along time, and really care about my helping my child do the best she can. There have been many updates to the curriculum and policies of the school, truely embracing the idea of a 'Catholic School.' There are always going to be issues not matter what school you are in, but as far as I can tell, these 'issues' have been addressed to the best of the schools ability. If you are looking for an excellent academic institution, with a warm, loving environment, this is the place to send your children.

Holy Cross Catholic School
8101 West 95th Street, Overland Park, KS  66212
Last modified Holy Cross Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Holy Cross Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top