Bad
Good

We came to Lakewood from out of state when my son was in first grade. At his former school he was having difficulties with reading and did not like school at all. His transition at Lakewood was amazing. The teachers work to accommodate the needs of each child and he was quickly provided the necessary resources to allow him to get more one on one reading help- within a month, not only was he enjoying school, but he was enjoying reading! and has made many wonderful friends. The principal is very involved and approachable. She and the teachers have worked hard to create a safe and fun environment for learning and we feel very blessed to be a part of the Lakewood community.

Our school is Lakewood Elementary and My child is a kindergartner. I love this school and my sons teacher is amazing. Ms. Emmons is one of the best and i could not have asked a better teacher.

This school should be a 10. All of the staff go way beyond the call of duty. This is such an incredible learning environment. The teachers are amazing- every single one of them. The principal is so involved and the opportunities the school offers are second to none. The test scores speak for themselves. All of the kids look happy, they are engaged in the classroom. These people do what is in the best interest of the child no matter what it does to the budget. It really is ideal and a model for what other schools should aspire to.

I have 2 kids in Lakewood, they have been going to lakewood for 3 years. They both love lakewood. I'm sad that they won't be here next year and we will miss this school very much. BIG Thank You to, principal Layton, staff and teacher, all your hard work is really paying off.

I have 3 children attending this school. Each of my children varies in personalities, interests, and academic strengths. The teachers have been encouraging advocates for my children both in and out of the classroom. I feel the school is safe, challenging, and works to make my children reach their full potential in a positive way. On a personal note, I love that the principal and staff encourage the virtues in the students.

My daughter has had the most amazing experience at Lakewood Elem. I have never seen such loving and hard working teachers in the country as I have here at Lakewood. The scholastic program is advanced and no kid gets left behind. I can not say enough about all the love and support the teachers, staff, and faculty give towards the children.

I can't say enough good things about this award winning elementary school. My son went through this school from K through 5th and we only had the most positive and rewarding experiences with teachers, staff and faculty.

Last modified Lakewood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.