Posted May 16, 2013
Our school is Lakewood Elementary and My child is a kindergartner. I love this school and my sons teacher is amazing. Ms. Emmons is one of the best and i could not have asked a better teacher.

Posted September 29, 2012
This school should be a 10. All of the staff go way beyond the call of duty. This is such an incredible learning environment. The teachers are amazing- every single one of them. The principal is so involved and the opportunities the school offers are second to none. The test scores speak for themselves. All of the kids look happy, they are engaged in the classroom. These people do what is in the best interest of the child no matter what it does to the budget. It really is ideal and a model for what other schools should aspire to.

Posted March 10, 2010
I have 2 kids in Lakewood, they have been going to lakewood for 3 years. They both love lakewood. I'm sad that they won't be here next year and we will miss this school very much. BIG Thank You to, principal Layton, staff and teacher, all your hard work is really paying off.

Posted April 22, 2008
I have 3 children attending this school. Each of my children varies in personalities, interests, and academic strengths. The teachers have been encouraging advocates for my children both in and out of the classroom. I feel the school is safe, challenging, and works to make my children reach their full potential in a positive way. On a personal note, I love that the principal and staff encourage the virtues in the students.

Posted November 15, 2007
My daughter has had the most amazing experience at Lakewood Elem. I have never seen such loving and hard working teachers in the country as I have here at Lakewood. The scholastic program is advanced and no kid gets left behind. I can not say enough about all the love and support the teachers, staff, and faculty give towards the children.

Posted June 14, 2007
I can't say enough good things about this award winning elementary school. My son went through this school from K through 5th and we only had the most positive and rewarding experiences with teachers, staff and faculty.

Posted January 08, 2006

Posted June 16, 2004
Lakewwod is an wonderful school due to the outstanding commitment, cooperation and team work that exists between the faculty, staff and parents. Their PTO is always hard at work making sure the teachers and staff have what they need to provide the very best learning opportunities for the kids. The teachers are more than co-workers, they have a bond of friendship, and a strong sense of responsibility to each other and to their students. Lakewood is a very large school but the students never seem lost. Faculty and staff are very open to working with you and your child to make sure your child reaches their full potential.

Lakewood Elementary School
14600 Lamar Ave, Overland Park, KS  66223
Last modified Lakewood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lakewood Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top