Overland Park, KS

Posted March 18, 2014
We chose CLS for the rigorous academic program and Christ-centered education. We have stayed at CLS because these expectations have been surpassed and we have experienced many other reasons to stay! We have had our children at CLS for 7 years. These are the reasons we have stayed: 1) top-notch Classical curriculum that challenges the student and allows the student to feel they have truly accomplishing something great; 2) Christ-centered education where students of all faiths come together to learn and grow; 3) dedicated teachers who go far beyond normal expectations to educate your child while also showing them care and love; 4) outstanding principal who possesses remarkable leadership skills and will continue to move the school forward; 5) marvelous sense of community where parents and teachers enjoy each other; 6) safe and accepting environment with excellent peer group for middle-school kids which can be an impressionable and difficult age; and 7) excellent co-curricular options including competitive sports programs. Come take a look at CLS you will see and feel the difference!

Posted February 13, 2014
I couldn't ask for anything more from a school. Christ Lutheran School pushes my children to be their best, by providing a top notch education in a loving and nurturing environment. There is a true feel of family at this school. I am so happy to have Christ Lutheran in my children and our family's life.

Posted December 07, 2013
This school has far surpassed what we thought grade school could be for our kids! We never thought that we would have kids in private school. All of our kids attended Christ Lutheran pre-school, which we loved. As Kindergarten approached for our eldest, we began to consider CLS. Now all of our children attend and we continue to be so pleased with our school. Mr. Vandemark has proven to be a principal with both great vision and heart. He is leading this school well and incredibly investing in each child as an individual. Classical education makes a tremendous difference in a child's ability to soar. Each of our children, with their differing personalities, has done very well with Classical education.

Posted November 15, 2013
I can't begin to express what a bright spot this school has been for our family. For starters, we're big believers in Classical Education from a Christian perspective. What we didn't realize is just much this school would impact our lives as well as the lives of our children. While the academic standards are amazing (Latin begins in Kindergarten), it's the care and nurturing that our children in both the Early Childhood (preschool and Pre-K) as well as the Elementary school. We've found an entirely new support network of friends, parents, and educators. While we've experienced plenty of ups and downs the past few years, our one steady rock and foundation has been CLS. I strongly recommend parents to consider starting their children out in the Early Childhood program or enrolling them in the K-8 program. The staff and faculty make great strides to ensure that students who come into the school at any grade level (including upper grades) receive a full onboarding process to help ease their child into the program. It's my sincere hope that CLS will also begin adding high school grades at some point in the future. We can't imagine leaving this community.

Posted November 10, 2013
We love CLS, and have two children in school there. The teachers are so caring and involved with each student to make sure they are not only learning their curriculum, but also that they are growing in Christ and as a person. The classical education teaches the kids how to think and use their heads. I think the public schools push computers/tablets too early and too much and they are used as a crutch. And I'm an IT person! The class sizes are perfect, school leadership is outstanding. The school is still growing, and has a timeline for expansion, but there are a few things they don't have (yet). I can't recommend CLS enough, and am very happy we made the decision to send our children there.

Posted November 07, 2013
We made the right decision when we chose to send our children to Christ Lutheran school. Although both the Olathe and Blue Valley School districts are very highly rated we were looking for something exceptional for our children. Christ Lutheran offers our children the ability to be exceptional. A parent couldn't ask for a more supportive environment with challenging academic standards and Christ at the center. The classical education curriculum teaches our children how to learn, study and think for themselves. The leadership and vision provided by Mr. Vandermark and all of the staff allows me to be confident that Christ Lutheran School is developing the next generation of Christian Leaders.

Posted November 04, 2013
Christ Lutheran School has proven to be more of a family than just a place for my kids to get their education. We have two children attending CLS in the lower grades. We know that when our kids enter the school they are not only given a top quality education that exceeds that of any other education center available, but they are also loved and nurtured in a way no other "school" can provide. With regard to the educational concepts of CLS (reading, writing, arithmetic, Latin, study skills, etc.), they have been given a phenomenal foundation that they will be able to apply for the rest of their lives, which will also give the the head start on their peers as they get to high school and college. With regard to the values - I know beyond a doubt that the values they are teaching my children are in lock-step with those we are teaching at home. It is a blessing and a relief that they are not getting indoctrinated with concepts and ideas that are contrary to the biblical foundations we are enforcing at home and in our church. Christ Lutheran School is by far the best combination of education and values in a family environment that you can experience for your child's education.

Posted November 03, 2013
Truly the best kept secret in Overland Park! We were not at all planning on attending a private school, but after going through preschool there, and learning more about Classical Education, we decided to try at least give kindergarten a try - and we were hooked! We love that it truly feels like a community and family at CLS. We do not attend church there, and we have boys, both very active in sports. There are so many options at the club level to meet are needs athletically, we don't see this as a negative at all being part of a smaller private school. What they are learning already is amazing - latin, geography, history - so much more that we had at their age! We also love that they are becoming grounded in their Christian faith, but also learning about other religions and cultures, and seeing how that historically fits into the Bible and the big picture timeline. I have a 2nd grader now, and a boy in Pre K there (love too that the preschool side offers extended care so that their schedules match!) Take a tour to learn more!

Posted November 03, 2013
We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Christ Lutheran School! We initially came to CLS when our daughter was in Kindergarten because we were looking for a full-day Kindergarten class for her -- and we thought we were just coming for one year. That was 6 years ago and now all three of our kids are at CLS! We have been blown away by the high quality education at CLS since that first full week of Kindergarten. We can not say enough great things about the principal and teachers at CLS. The Christian classical education that our kids are receiving is top-notch and in our opinion CLS is the best-kept secret for elementary education in Johnson County! Our kids are continually pushed to achieve more academically -- a CLS teacher once told us that each year they like to raise the high bar just a little bit higher and each year the students at CLS rise up and meet the challenge and achieve more than the year before. And what's even more exciting than watching our children achieve academic success -- is watching them grow spiritually! The kids at CLS are confident because they know they are a child of God. And at the end of the day -- that's the most important thing.

Posted November 01, 2013
I can't say enough good things about this school. We love it and our kids love going here. To be honest, before enrolling my first child I didn't see a benefit of paying extra for a private education when the local public schools are quality in their own right. However, I now see the difference in the students at every grade in their scope of knowledge, their relationship with their classmates, how they conduct themselves and their overall self-confidence. I'm amazed at how much information my children are able to absorb, digest and use logic for all of their classes. The staff all have a singular focus on helping the children grow in knowledge and in spirit. The classical curriculum is set up to prepare the students for the rest of their lives, and it's carried through all of the grades. Since it is a private school, the parents have a vested stake at participating in their children's education and volunteer in multiple extra-curricular activities. The study skills present in the middle and upper grades are better than I had in high school, and the results we see from that make me confident that they will be prepared to go out into the world and achieve great things.

Christ Lutheran School