Posted April 02, 2013
strong school academics for preschool ages nice looking school with good access from highway and reasonable prices.

Posted June 07, 2012
This school is organized, friendly, and loving! My oldest child is 4 and has been at the school since April 2008 and my other two younger children joined when they were infants in 2009 and 2011. All of the staff, teachers / Administration / Owners, are professional and kind and are so dedicated to making this the best environment for every child. The tuition is less than what many of my friends pay and yet we get so much more for our money: cleanliness, academics, people who adore my children, a gym, Spanish instruction, and fantastic playgrounds!

Posted May 22, 2009
I have had my children at this school for four years, and am very happy. I have no qualms recommending the school. That said I feel they have made improvements this past year. They weren't always very approachable - the owners/managers, but you can tell they are really trying and making an effort. There did seem to be a flurry of turn over a couple of years ago but this year both my daughters had the same teachers the entire year and we had no issues. We have also had an infant there and I was pleasantly surprised by how well that went. My older children had been at a different center as infants because Small Beginnings didn't offer it at the time. I really liked that the babies weren't in their room all day, they took them for buggy rides (daily!) and out on the playground when possible.

Posted June 24, 2008
My daughter has been going to Small Beginnings for 2 years. Yes, there was a flurry of staff turnover but I believe it has settled down. I've not had any rude or unfriendly encounters with staff or owners. In fact, I've been impressed with how all my encounters with everybody have been so positive. I like the fact that everyone knows each kid. Teachers I don't know great my daughter by name. She looks forward to going (big plus!) to school each morning. I'm pleased with the learning program and there are always fun activites for the kids. I feel fortunate to have found this school.

Small Beginnings Montessori 2

Posted June 10, 2008
Our daughter has been attending this school for 2 years and has done very well. I feel she is learning a lot and she greatly enjoys her days at school. With that said, the staff (ownership included) are incredibly unfriendly and at times even rude. I feel that with the premium paid by families (tuition is expensive) they should be treated better by the staff. Kindergarten is on the immediate horizon, otherwise we would consider other options.

Posted April 22, 2008
We have been at this school for over 5 years and overall have been extremely happy with the environment, learning, ownership, education and care of our children. We have been through all the grades (through private kindergarten) with several children and are so impressed with the level of learning that takes place. The staff is great. Outside a bad round of turnover in 2007 which has impacted some of the teacher quality, the staff has been long term and exceptional.

Posted January 20, 2008
We love it, my son is excelling, the staff is always willing to discuss his progress and the facility is well designed and clean.

Posted December 06, 2007
My child was one of the first children that opened the infant care classroom. I cannot say enought about how wonderfully he was recieved and cared for. I was an anxious mother not wanting to return to work and they truly eased all the worry of going back. I knew that he was in wonderful hands and I loved watching him grow in a great environment. His teachers have been wonderful and so caring and it seems that all the teachers know his name and love him dearly. Coming from a parent, all I truly want is for him to feel loved and protected when we are not around and they have done that day in and day out. I do feel that it is very expensive, but I know that he is thriving and is so happy there and that is truly what matters to me.

Posted November 01, 2007
- a former student

Small Beginnings Montessori 1

Posted October 28, 2007
I had my child in the school for 3 weeks, it was very unsatisfactory. The staff were not all friendly, they hardly smiled and even the owner was very unfriendly. My child was in a diffferent school before and since we had moved, we chose this school, the feed back was not at all there and as parents we were un happy, when approached, the staff were not helpful nor were they supportive. I would strongly encourage parents to consider what we have experienced before placing the trust on this school

Small Beginnings Montessori
15801 Metcalf Ave, Overland Park, KS  66223
Last modified Small Beginnings Montessori is a Private school that serves grades PK-2
Small Beginnings Montessori Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top