Overland Park, KS

Posted August 14, 2015
I have had a child at this school since its doors opened in 2006. It is FANTASTIC! The entire staff (teachers and others) care so much about their students. The previous reviewer mentioned teacher retention issues. Hmmmm the enrichment teacher (along with a 1st grade teacher and the reading specialist) retired last year. They did not leave because of the school. Most of the teachers there have been there since the doors opened. The ones that have left in the last couple years have left due to family changes (marriages, spouse transfer, etc.). The class sizes are not any larger than the state limit and frankly, due to the state funding issues in the state of KS and the population shifts in the attendance area, the sizes have gone up this year. There is a new subdivision going in the attendance area that will increase the attendance enough to allow for the hiring of additional teachers and the class sizes will drop once again. Sounds to me like the previous reviewer needs to get more involved in the school and learn how things really work. I'm on the PTO Exec Board, we have a couple openings....join us and learn!

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted August 14, 2015
Same as previous answer, entire staff works daily to instill these values in our children.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted August 14, 2015
Same as previous answer, the entire staff works daily to instill these values in our children.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 14, 2015
The teachers, counselor and staff strive everyday to instill these values in our children. From the principal down to the custodial staff, they love and respect the children in an effort to instill these values in them.

Sunrise Point Elementary School 3

Posted August 11, 2015
Much of the hype about BV school district is exactly just that - hype. My child's classrooms at this elementary school have averaged 27 students which is even higher than the MO school districts. This school in particular seems to have a problem with teacher retention. Every year they lose several of the good, adored teachers. Last year they lost the enrichment teacher. Sad, that greed has taken over the importance of our children's education yet our taxes continue to increase significantly each year. If I knew then what I know now about this school, I would not have made the decision to move within its boundary.

Posted October 17, 2011
When i was in kindergarten i used to go here. it was a great school. Their lunch was fanstastic

Posted January 05, 2009
Sunrise Point is the ideal elementary school for any age. The school has a very welcoming staff that really seem to enjoy their jobs. The school is very clean and well organized. Sunrise Point also offers the most special education programs then any other public elementary school I've seen. My experience with Sunrise Point has been the best I've experienced at any other elementary school. My eldest went to Morse Elementary when he was still in elementary school and my two youngest used to attend Blue River Elementary before Sunrise Point first opened. I also attended grades k-12 in the Blue Valley district and went to Stanley Elementary.

15800 Roe Ave, Overland Park, KS  66224
Last modified Sunrise Point Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sunrise Point Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top