Posted June 30, 2014
Bentwood is a great school with outstanding administration and teachers. The level of parental support/involvement is very high. Great neighborhoods surround the school. Teachers here regularly receive awards and grants. There are lots of extra activities where your child can become involved. The school also has several big events that are always fun - Fall Festival, Burger Night, Lap-A-Thon - as well as the seasonal class parties. I disagree with the 'military academy' comment. The students are expected to be respectful in the hallways as in any school. Visit the school and see for yourself.

Posted April 17, 2014
My school is great, teachers and staff are awsome, the spirit is always high and the goal is be yourself respecting the neigbourgh

Bentwood Elementary School 4

Posted May 11, 2009
Bentwood has excellent teachers and staff members, and smart students. There are numerous opportunities for learning, leadership, and community service. My child is very happy at the school. From what I've experienced over the years, there are too many boundaries for the students and not enough boundaries for over-controlling parents. The school will have a new principal for the '09-'10 school year.

Bentwood Elementary School 0

Posted October 25, 2008
Bentwood has many advantages -- parent involvement, many good or excellent staff, children who are motivated to learn. The tone, though, is similar to a military academy -- walk straight, mouth shut, hands at sides, eyes front. The goal is literally silent halls, every day. Over-structured. As my son observed, 'They have more rules here than at my old school but the kids act worse.' In my opinion, it is because the students' behavior is micro-managed. It would be a much more positive experience if the administration would expect the kids to internalize the reasons for the rules -- e.g., we need to be reasonably quiet in the halls so we don't disturb other classes -- and then back off from micromanaging 4th-5th-and-6th graders. The goal should be developing self-regulated children who act 'pretty good' most of the time, without adult intervention.

Posted August 26, 2007
Bentwood Elementary is a student/parent focused school with an awesome principal, Dr. Mark Heck, who knows every child by name.

Posted October 05, 2006
Bentwood Elementary is nothing short of being a fantastic school. We have been so pleased with how the school is ran and feel good about the quality education our child is receiving. The entire staff at Bentwood operates like they are an extended part of your family and treats us as such. Everyone is so nice, caring and genuinely concerned about the well being of every child attending this school, which at the end of the day this is what matters to me. We couldn't be more pleased with Bentwood and feel honored to have our child attend this school.

Posted December 03, 2005
My children have attended Bentwood for K-3 and K so far. The quality of the teachers is very good and the principal knows everyone and does a great job. The school is celebrating its 10 year anniversary this year.

Posted July 01, 2005
- a former student
I went to Bentwood. It is a fabulous school. the teachers, principal and staff were amazing. I would recommend this school to anyone. The test scores are amazing. Go Bluejays!

Posted December 05, 2004
Both of my kids went to Bentwood and the principal, teachers and support staff are top notch. We could not be more pleased with the superior academic education that my children recieved. Very caring and knowledgeable staff. We have moved and we miss the quality of Bentwood.

Posted July 19, 2004
This was our daughter's first year at Brougham. What a fabulous experience! Her teacher went above and beyond to keep us informed and enrich out daughter's school experience. Mr. Lowe, the principal was always involved and always had a friendly smile. If you are moving to this community, consider Brougham home.

Bentwood Elementary School
13000 Bond St, Overland Park, KS  66213
Last modified Bentwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bentwood Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top