Chisholm Trail Elementary School 3

Posted September 08, 2014
My children attended Chisholm Trail from Pre-K through 3rd grade. I eventually had enough. Both of my children have special needs. The school has had a complete change in administration, principal and vice principal, 3 times for both in 3 to 4 years, this is astonishing to me. They have a special education teachers in this school who simply doesn't do her job. As soon as I found out she would be assigned to one of my children AGAIN, I made plans to ensure my children did not attend Chisholm Trail again. I will say though there are some really good teachers at this school. But, all it takes is a couple of rotten ones to ruin the experience. Both of my children are doing a lot better at their new school. I'm glad we made the change and only regret that we didn't do it sooner. One last note, the parking situation and pickup/drop off lane situation at this school is a disaster. I'm surprised a kid hasn't been run over yet. It's absolutely a dangerous situation.

Posted August 13, 2014
We are starting our forth year at Chisholm trail. I feel like the teachers really know my kid and they incorporate the community in their everyday activities. It's like a very close family and there is never a day where my kiddo doesn't want to go to school. We are super excited for the new school year!!!

Posted September 26, 2013
CHISHOLM TRAIL EMELEMTARY.. I THINK THIS SCHOOL IS AN EXCELLENT SCHOOL TO PUT YOUR KIDS INTO IF YOU LIVE IN THE AREA. I'VE HEARD PLENTY OF GREAT THINGS ABOUT CTE BEFORE MOVING INTO THE AREA AND EVERYTHNG THAT EVERYONE HAS SAID THEY HAVE LIVED UP TO IT.. I APPRECIATE THEM ALL :)

Chisholm Trail Elementary School 1

Posted June 04, 2011
Things have gone downhill with the new principal. They have very poor communication with the parents. My daughter became sick in class and even after my husband told them I was on my way, they sent her home with someone who was not approved to pick her up. The principal showed no concern when we called to complain. This is just one of the many reasons they will not be attending next year.

Chisholm Trail Elementary School 2

Posted February 03, 2011
With the changes in teachers this year I think we are on the right track. We need teachers that want to be there. We do not need teachers or staff that only count down the minutes for the bell. That is a job for the kids. They already excel at that.

Posted September 16, 2009
Three of our 5 Grand children attend Chisholm Trail, 5th Gr, 4th Gr, Kindergarten. Now our 4th gr. child is attending Pre-k this year. We live in another small town which does not offer pre-k. This has been a wonderful experience for all of them. Their Music programs are wonderul, the teachers and staff are kind, friendly, enjoy teaching, and being in the presence of kids. All of them always seem to come home happy. Looking forward to the next day in school.

Chisholm Trail Elementary School 0

Posted May 28, 2009
We left Chislholm trail because of the principal, lack of control teachers have over classrooms, large class size, and complete lack of progress for 2 of my 3 kids.

Posted March 27, 2007
I think that Chisholm Trail has improved very much with the New Principal. My children are learning very well and are very happy

Chisholm Trail Elementary School
6015 Independence, Park City, KS  67219
Last modified Chisholm Trail Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chisholm Trail Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top