Riley, KS

Posted July 23, 2014
One of the hard parts of Military life is that your children get bounced from school to school. My daughter who was in the 5th grade at the time was reading at a 3rd grade level. And as hard as she tried and struggled, there were just so many puzzle pieces missing. As we moved here I checked out both the Manhattan school and Riley school. I was convinced my kids would be attending Manhattan since it is so much closer and it was more convenient. However, I felt that no one had the time to listen to me and I felt very rushed. When I went to Riley all the teachers in the hallways came to introduce themselves to myself and my children. The small family environment was a breath of fresh air. They took the time to introduce them to their teachers and they listened to every word I had to say. In less than a year I watched my daughter go from hating school and being embarrassed with no self confidence, to love going to school, excelling, and believing in herself. It was such an amazing transformation. I have nothing but praiseworthy things to say about Riley.

Posted July 12, 2013
I love this grade school!!! My two boys have been going here their whole school career and we will be sad next year when we move. All the teachers are great at communicating with the parents. They email back so quickly! The class sizes are great! The principal is very helpful and FAIR.

Riley County Grade School 4

Posted December 20, 2010
I'm sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience at Riley County. Our family has been very happy with the overall experience and education at the grade school. Of course, there are times that we may not agree or like something as it relates to our child. That's just a part of public education. However, as a whole, we have been very pleased with the school system. The teachers and administration have been great to work with and listen to our voice and our concerns.

Riley County Grade School 1

Posted December 09, 2010
Have not been happy with the school and will be pulling my child out and sending to Manhattan next year. My other children attend Manhattan and I have been pleased with their educational experiences. We thought a smaller school would mean a better education but were wrong. On several occasions we have been given conflicting or misinformation and there has been poor follow through on promises we were made by administration.

Riley County Grade School 0

Posted March 26, 2009
My daughter is in Kindergarten and loves, Riley County. The small town effect is great for the students. Mrs. Shoemaker and Mrs. VanBebber have made a huge impact on my daughters life. She has a great start to her academic carrer.

Posted September 02, 2008

Posted April 14, 2008
This school is great! I know my child is safe.

Posted April 14, 2008

Riley County Grade School 4

Posted November 15, 2007

Posted September 27, 2007

Riley County Grade School
117 North Remmele, Riley, KS  66531
Last modified Riley County Grade School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Riley County Grade School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top