9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

There is no tolerance for bullying here. Everyone is nice to each other or they are expelled. It is that simple. They don't have to keep a bad child there and they don't.

Bishop Miege is the most fabulous school imaginable. Excellent administration, teachers, office staff, EVERYTHING. A wonderful experience. The best school in the Kansas City area. Even if we weren't Catholic I would send any child I had there.

Bishop Miege is well worth the money spent. You come out of there well prepared and ready for college, and also come out with friends for life. The teachers there could go and teach in a public school and make more money, but they love teaching at MIege. Many of the teachers have been there for years. Miege also has some diversity compared to some of the other Catholic schools. It is not all "white bread America. It is like one big family. I loved it, and I know you will to iif you give it a chance.

I graduated from Miege almost 3 years ago and I look back at my 4 years there and smile. It was such a wonderful school to grow and learn in. At first I was unsure about attending because I only had 1 other person that I knew going, but after the first 3 months I had made more friends than I could have ever imagined. Everyone is so accepting. The teachers are absolutley wonderful, they honestly want you to learn and understand everything they are teaching. They are helpful, humorous and responsive. For anyone considering Miege..do it! You will love everything that is offered. I never understood why my parents paid so much for my education, and now I do! Miege is a great place!

I just graduated from Miege, and while at first i was a little hesitant to jump in, I loved it in the end. I was the third child in my family to attend so i felt like I would be just another kid to the teachers. However, I worked really hard in all the Honors/ AP classes and am now attending a nationally ranked catholic institution with a great scholarship. If you get involved there's no way you won't have a fantastic experience. On top of this the school really does try to live out the Catholic faith (just hear our cheers at sporting events) The school prides itself on class, and I absolutely loved it!

I'm a former student. While I didn't like Miege at first, by the end of my 4 years there, I loved it. I found that there were lots of opportunities for everyone to get involved (choir, debate, athletics, academic competitions, campus ministry, etc). The teachers/staff are very dedicated to the students, and they make sure that people don't slip through the cracks. Miege is more like the 'real world' in terms of diversity (socio-economic, ethnicity, etc). I was accepted by an internationally recognized honors program at a liberal arts school. The quality of the education at Miege depends on what the student is willing to 'put into it.' I took every honors/AP course available to me...and graduated from Miege with 35 hours of college credit through dual enrollment. Miege also has a great ACT-prep program that's integrated into regular courses.

Upon moving to Kansas, Bishop Miege was a school recommended to us from a family member. However, after a few months at Miege my daughter was sick and tired of it. She had been to three previous high schools before Miege and has stated that Miege was by far the worst. There were cliques out the wazoo as well as classes that did not prepare her for college. In her religion class, a key reason of why I considered Miege, they hardly ever learned but they could watch with 'living people in them'. I pulled my daughter from Miege and she happily finished her years at Shawnee Mission Northwest. If you are reading this and have to decided between Miege and another school, pick the other school.

Last modified Bishop Miege High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12