Salina, KS
After care: No

Posted February 08, 2015
My son was struggling in school academically and falling through the seams at a very large local high school. He was disrespectful to those around him. HIs bad attitude made our home chaos. He was not on a path for college and a successful life. We enrolled him at SJMS his junior year of high school. After a few tough weeks, he slowly starting turning the corner and bought into the process. The small class size and the wonderful, caring, smart teachers gave him confidence and encouragement. The military side gave him the discipline he needed. My only regret is that I wished we would have enrolled him sooner. The co$t is high but stay the course and it will pay off in the end. It takes time and you must trust the process. You will not regret the decision to send your son to SJMS.

Posted January 23, 2015
I would give SJMS 10 stars if I could. It is our son's second year here and he will graduate in May. I recommend SJMS for any family who's son does not "fit" into the standard public school mold or who wants a career in the military. Our son could not find his way in the public school -- dropped out of all activities, had terrible grades and was getting into trouble constantly. We tried everything and worked with numerous resources and nothing helped. Thank God we found SJMS. The staff is top notch and the academic program is outstanding. Our son has grown and matured in ways we never thought possible, and the leadership opportunities afforded to these boys are experiences that will stay with them for the rest of their lives. Sending our child off to a boarding school was the hardest decision we have ever faced. The first year was also difficult because you have to learn to separate yourself from their day to day activities and trust that the school knows what is best for them. This is not easy. We knew, however, that there was an incredible young man in there, and we can never thank the SJMS team enough for their proven model in bringing out the best in these young men.

St. John's Military School 4

Posted January 16, 2015
Just visit one time and ask the hard questions. SJMS is a great school, our son has been there for just a short time and we see the change already.

Posted January 16, 2015
My son is presently in grade 8 at St. John's, he has attended this school since he was in grade 5. He has matured, grown and improved positively in many ways. Every year I continue to see him mature and continue to improve. The teachers, Military Advisors and all the staff in general truly care about the students and the boys deep down in their minds know this and I believe this is what makes the difference and the changes I as a parent have seen over the last few years in my son and also in some of the other boys I have come to know over the years as I attend the parent's weekend conferences. It is hard to have my son so far away from home but it is worth it, he will graduate high school at St John's.

Posted January 16, 2015
We are parents of a 15 year old Freshman at St. John's. Our son has attended St. John's for the 6th and 7th grade, and now is at St. John's in the 9th grade. We tried having our son back home with us during his 8th grade year, however during that year his grades went down and his inappropriate behavior (arguing, listening, studying, and issues at school) went up. Having our son away from home 9 months of the year has been difficult on both of us. Would we rather have our son living with us at home? Absolutely. But we have come to realize that St. John's offers a unique and potentially life changing opportunity for our son to mature and grow in a positive way. With the benefit of smaller class sizes (our son's classes average 8 to 10 cadets per class), a dedicated staff of very qualified teachers and staff, and the constant structure, discipline, and guidance provided by a top-notch team of military advisors, we have seen our son grow in confidence, maturity, and academically. There is no doubt in our minds that St. John's is a "GreatSchool" for our son, and offers a great opportunity for other young men to mature and be educated.

Posted January 16, 2015
My son, Cadet J. Matte is currently attending Saint John's Military School in Salina, Kansas. He started there in his Junior year and is now completing his Senior year. This school has been Exemplary in the Academic and Military teaching and training. This is all inclusive to teaching my son the necessary life skills that he will need as he finishes his High School career and moves forward in life. I cannot say enough about Saint john's Military School. The excellent and caring support of the entire staff has made such a difference in his life! I highly recommend Saint John's to any and all families looking for the best possible school to send their son(s) to! Jeanie Smith

Posted April 15, 2014
My son have been there for just about six (6) weeks and already he has shown a vast improvement. He went in for academic defiance because his time was spent on mind-.craft. It was a battle to get him to work. I tried several things and nothing appeared to work his grades suffered. Today his grades are A's and B's. What a great turnaround. He still have a few things to work on but i'm confident that he'll come around. Thank you St. John's you deserve ten (10) stars.

Posted April 15, 2013
My son attends St John's Military School in Salina, Kansas. This school has saved my son's life and opened for him doors that he might never have had open for him. St John's gave him the base on which he was able to realize his true ability. It increased his self confidence and self worth. The faculty and staff have been outstanding. It is truly evident that they all care about these boys. He has been exposed to an atmosphere that instills courage, discipline and self worth. The boys support each other and encourage each other to do their best. This was one of the most difficult decisions that my husband and I have ever had to make, but I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. My only regret is not sending him sooner.

Posted April 14, 2013
St. John s Military School has proven to be anything they advertise and more. My son has lost direction and school performance was not just low, his grades were digging new depths. I knew he needed a change from public school to learn structure and responsibility. My son entered St. John s rebelling against most things in the world and wanted to things his way. He soon discovered it is necessary to comply with rules and was given the attention in classroom to increase his learning skills. Of course, like most boys he called after three weeks of new boy training wanting to come home. After he graduated to Old Boy the mood changed. He also discovered being an Old Boy was tougher than being a New Boy with added responsibilities and increased expectations. St. John s clearly sets performance expectations and provides assistance for them to accomplish those goals. The staff at St. John s ensures each boy s safety, successful and well-being. They provide training about life that is not available in public schools and always keep parents informed of your son s progress. After he graduates from St. John s you will know you helped him be successful in school and life.

Posted March 26, 2013
SJMS is a wonderful school and I recommend it to any parent that is seeking a lifestyle change for their son. Our son started having problems in the 8th grade. We did everything that we as parents knew to do. He was in trouble at school, with the law and our home life was a complete battlefield all the time. We tried counseling for him and got no where. When he ended up in juvinile dention one weekend we knew that we were at the end of our ropes. We left him in jail over the weekend and when he got out he was transferred to SJMS. It was very rough the first several weeks but we needed him out of our home. We had other children at home we had to think about. SJMS has been a life saver. The staff there a wonderful caring family. To any family that needs a intervention this is it. They take your son in and help them turn their lifes around. They learn from the structured environment, the small classes and they end up with other kids that are just like them. They learn about themselves and who they want to be. This school helps these boys to be the men they want to be. This a wonderful wonderful school. No regrets

St. John's Military School
110 W Otis Ave, Salina, KS  67402
Last modified St. John's Military School is a Private school that serves grades 6-12
St. John's Military School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 88 reviews. Top