Salina, KS
After care: No

Posted April 15, 2014
My son have been there for just about six (6) weeks and already he has shown a vast improvement. He went in for academic defiance because his time was spent on mind-.craft. It was a battle to get him to work. I tried several things and nothing appeared to work his grades suffered. Today his grades are A's and B's. What a great turnaround. He still have a few things to work on but i'm confident that he'll come around. Thank you St. John's you deserve ten (10) stars.

Posted April 15, 2013
My son attends St John's Military School in Salina, Kansas. This school has saved my son's life and opened for him doors that he might never have had open for him. St John's gave him the base on which he was able to realize his true ability. It increased his self confidence and self worth. The faculty and staff have been outstanding. It is truly evident that they all care about these boys. He has been exposed to an atmosphere that instills courage, discipline and self worth. The boys support each other and encourage each other to do their best. This was one of the most difficult decisions that my husband and I have ever had to make, but I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. My only regret is not sending him sooner.

Posted April 14, 2013
St. John s Military School has proven to be anything they advertise and more. My son has lost direction and school performance was not just low, his grades were digging new depths. I knew he needed a change from public school to learn structure and responsibility. My son entered St. John s rebelling against most things in the world and wanted to things his way. He soon discovered it is necessary to comply with rules and was given the attention in classroom to increase his learning skills. Of course, like most boys he called after three weeks of new boy training wanting to come home. After he graduated to Old Boy the mood changed. He also discovered being an Old Boy was tougher than being a New Boy with added responsibilities and increased expectations. St. John s clearly sets performance expectations and provides assistance for them to accomplish those goals. The staff at St. John s ensures each boy s safety, successful and well-being. They provide training about life that is not available in public schools and always keep parents informed of your son s progress. After he graduates from St. John s you will know you helped him be successful in school and life.

Posted March 26, 2013
SJMS is a wonderful school and I recommend it to any parent that is seeking a lifestyle change for their son. Our son started having problems in the 8th grade. We did everything that we as parents knew to do. He was in trouble at school, with the law and our home life was a complete battlefield all the time. We tried counseling for him and got no where. When he ended up in juvinile dention one weekend we knew that we were at the end of our ropes. We left him in jail over the weekend and when he got out he was transferred to SJMS. It was very rough the first several weeks but we needed him out of our home. We had other children at home we had to think about. SJMS has been a life saver. The staff there a wonderful caring family. To any family that needs a intervention this is it. They take your son in and help them turn their lifes around. They learn from the structured environment, the small classes and they end up with other kids that are just like them. They learn about themselves and who they want to be. This school helps these boys to be the men they want to be. This a wonderful wonderful school. No regrets

Posted February 10, 2013
My son graduated from SJMS in 2011. He struggled in the public high school and transferred to St. John's. Besides academics, he lacked organization, honesty and other important characteristics that are important in life. He is currently in his second year of college and doing well. I will say he had a rough first year at SJMS, because it was so different. He is still in touch with former cadets and his teachers. He ended up having a really good h.s. experience and will hopefully continue modeling the values he learned at St. John's.

Posted August 26, 2012
During a very troubled time, our extended family searched for a place to help our son. St. John s Military School (Salina, Kansas) asked, Did you ask him if he wants to change his life? We asked and he said, Yes. He attended summer camp and his junior year at St. John s. The results are demonstrated positive leadership, discipline, teamwork, self-reliance, personal growth, spiritual development, and brotherhood. Because of this excellent positive growth, we decided to have our son graduate from St. John s Military School as part of the 125th Corps. If you find yourself with a son who needs a structured environment to help him grow, we highly recommend St. John s Military School - our school of choice.

Posted August 02, 2012
My nephew was a very troubled boy. He was so spoiled because he is the only child to my brother and his wife. His parents want him to be a better person when he grows up and sent him to America attending high school. At the first, he went to a boarding school in FL nearby where we live, but after 2 months, he received all "F" for his classes. Then, my husband researched and found out SJMS and we sent him to this school. Now, he has been with SJMS for almost two semesters, and he is doing great! THANK YOU SJMS ALL TEACHERS AND STAFF! His life needs structure, and SJMS provides it to him. He needs to learn how to respect his parents, elder, and his teachers, and SJMS taught him. Now he received the most of his grades are "A" and "B" with couple "C". When we sent him to SJMS, he always wrote to us with unrespectful words. We contacted with SJMS, and they helped him and corrected him. Now, he is a growing up boy and respect us and earned very good grades! He likes SJMS very much now. He is looking forward to go back there to finish his high school. We are so proud of him to be a better person. Very important is that SJMS provided the opportunity for him to become a better person.

Posted July 02, 2012
As a 9th grader I was a very unhappy young man. My father, an Air Force fighter pilot was missing in action in southeast Asia. My mother was pretty overwhelmed. I was miserable in school and my grades were very low. It was then that my mother had the courage to send me to St. John's and literally changed my life, my trajectory and reinforced the strong ethics that were my father's legacy. I literally thank God daily for the strength and sacrifices of my family that allowed me to attend SJMS. The outstanding faculty and staff made all the difference in the world to me. Being a part of the cadet corps gave me a close family for life. When I got to St. John's I was a miserable adolescent, failing at school and life in general. When I graduated I was the Battalion Commander, had been on the Honor Roll every semester, was co-captain of the Rifle Team among other honors. i also had two nominations to the Air Force Academy. I have been blessed with many successes in life and I can say that my time at St. John's made them possible. I am forever grateful.

Posted June 28, 2012
Former Cadet At St. Johns Military I would Like to say by far St. Johns Military School Taught me so much about life not only were the instructors there for me the whole way through my time there. As a cadet I was given the best opportunity any person could get for an education as a cadet there we always had the best score in AFI and RFI I was there from 1987-1995 there is not a better school for someone to receive a education at my Dad and I Believe made the right decision I have taken most of what i learned there with me in life today I now own a successful Web Hosting business and an education is the most important thing a person can have I would suggest St. Johns To any parent or student. Sincerely Former Cadet Daniel Ditto

Posted June 25, 2012
Due to our family s work activities, our children have had to attend many schools throughout the world. Recently it became evident that our family would be facing another relocation so in an effort to minimize the possibility of multiple school changes for our youngest son we initiated a search process for a school that would provide a solid academic foundation as well as a caring and nurturing staff that would genuinely be interested in our son s spiritual, physical, and mental development. Since that day in August 2011 when our son first enrolled at SJMS we have never been more thankful. Not only has our son grown in multiple dimensions through his positive experiences at SJMS, but he has also developed lasting friendships with the staff, students, and local Salina residents. Being from a strong close nit Texas family he has learned to further appreciate the various cultures from around the world and the diversity from the many US students that attend SJMS. We have found SJMS to be a premier school that is operated and maintained by a staff that is second to none in their commitment to the development and growth of the SJMS cadets. Sincerely, Dennis R. Mudd

St. John's Military School
110 W Otis Ave, Salina, KS  67402
Last modified St. John's Military School is a Private school that serves grades 6-12
St. John's Military School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 82 reviews. Top