Shawnee Mission, KS

Posted November 09, 2014
I was a little concerned by the "rating" on this school at first. But soon after my son started, I found that my concerns quickly flew out the window. This is an amazing school!! The principal, teachers and staff are all very caring and attentive to the students. My son is in Dana Wells kindergarten class and is loving every minute of it. She is one of the most amazing teachers. She works hard with every student and keeps in close contact with the parents. She is patient, kind, and a great teacher. My son just came home and told me ALL about the president! Since he was going to go all day for the first time, I was a little nervous. He has never been more excited than when he knows it's a school night. Sunflower is amazing in every way. From learning one on one with teachers, parent involvement, being tough on bullying, school activities, Sunflower scores a ten. P.S. - If you have a child getting ready to attend kindergarten, ask for Dana Wells! I'm sure all of the other kindergarten teachers are fantastic. But from this parent's perspective, she's the best!

Posted January 31, 2014
I love Sunflower Elementary School. They keep a great communication line between the parents and teachers, the speech teacher is great and my son is reading on his own and we are only half way through kindergarten! I'm excited to see what else he will learn this year! Love the Principal--very involved and available whenever needed!!!

Posted April 12, 2013
I have a Kindergartener (In Dana Wells class) And a First Grader (In Carla Lindsey's Class) I have had a wonderful experience with this school. My Kindergartener is shy and I was worried about her going to full day but Mrs. Wells has been great! The Principle is ALWAYS out with the kids and very involved. No problems with bullying or trouble kids as of yet. The only improvement that could be implemented is taking the processed food out. It's better then some schools but COME ON! This is our kids! We want the best for them. Non GMO, Organic and non processed would AWESOME! Thanks Sunflower!

Posted June 20, 2011
This is a great school. The principal is great and the teachers are very dedicated. Very friendly families. We love it here!

Posted December 03, 2009
I was very worried about sending my child here and was considering moving or doing a transfer prior to starting kindergarten. I had not really heard anything terrible, but I was hung up on some of the test scores and the level 6 rating. I was so wrong! Sunflower is fantastic! The staff is wonderful and I always feel welcome and appreciated. The facility is clean and state of the art. The principal has only been there a few years but the test scores seem to be increasing since his arrival. He seems very involved and hands on. The teachers so far seem wonderful. I am so glad that we stayed with this school. It is top notch!

Posted August 29, 2008

Sunflower Elementary School 3

Posted March 27, 2007

Sunflower Elementary School
8955 Loiret Blvd, Shawnee Mission, KS  66219
Last modified Sunflower Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sunflower Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top