Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Spent three years (two kids) at sunflower without one person welcoming us. Teachers were distant and cold. Quick to criticize and place blame on the child without any recognition of how they as the teacher could improve. The teachers directing traffic in the am were obnoxiously rude. One actually stuck her head in my car as my kids were getting out and said, " you need to go where we tell you." Homework was extensive right from the start in Kindergarten. I was constantly amazed how everyone seemed unhappy and/or arrogant. How is this possible at an elementary school? Many, many school days off for the teachers yet they always found time to prioritize the "fund raising" and applied pressure to our kids to the point of making them feel ostracized. If you chose not to participate, your child would get the "oversized t shirt." And one would think with all the days off, teachers could put more attention into personalizing their comments on report cards. Unfortunately no, at most was a cookie cutter comment about our children that mimicked everyone else. The office staff also looked unhappy/arrogant and would barely acknowledge your existence. They kinda looked at you with the expression of "what do you want." Terrible. So happy we moved to another school.

I was a little concerned by the "rating" on this school at first. But soon after my son started, I found that my concerns quickly flew out the window. This is an amazing school!! The principal, teachers and staff are all very caring and attentive to the students. My son is in Dana Wells kindergarten class and is loving every minute of it. She is one of the most amazing teachers. She works hard with every student and keeps in close contact with the parents. She is patient, kind, and a great teacher. My son just came home and told me ALL about the president! Since he was going to go all day for the first time, I was a little nervous. He has never been more excited than when he knows it's a school night. Sunflower is amazing in every way. From learning one on one with teachers, parent involvement, being tough on bullying, school activities, Sunflower scores a ten. P.S. - If you have a child getting ready to attend kindergarten, ask for Dana Wells! I'm sure all of the other kindergarten teachers are fantastic. But from this parent's perspective, she's the best!

I love Sunflower Elementary School. They keep a great communication line between the parents and teachers, the speech teacher is great and my son is reading on his own and we are only half way through kindergarten! I'm excited to see what else he will learn this year! Love the Principal--very involved and available whenever needed!!!

I have a Kindergartener (In Dana Wells class) And a First Grader (In Carla Lindsey's Class) I have had a wonderful experience with this school. My Kindergartener is shy and I was worried about her going to full day but Mrs. Wells has been great! The Principle is ALWAYS out with the kids and very involved. No problems with bullying or trouble kids as of yet. The only improvement that could be implemented is taking the processed food out. It's better then some schools but COME ON! This is our kids! We want the best for them. Non GMO, Organic and non processed would AWESOME! Thanks Sunflower!

This is a great school. The principal is great and the teachers are very dedicated. Very friendly families. We love it here!

I was very worried about sending my child here and was considering moving or doing a transfer prior to starting kindergarten. I had not really heard anything terrible, but I was hung up on some of the test scores and the level 6 rating. I was so wrong! Sunflower is fantastic! The staff is wonderful and I always feel welcome and appreciated. The facility is clean and state of the art. The principal has only been there a few years but the test scores seem to be increasing since his arrival. He seems very involved and hands on. The teachers so far seem wonderful. I am so glad that we stayed with this school. It is top notch!

Last modified Sunflower Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.