Shawnee Mission, KS

East Antioch Elementary School 1

Posted November 25, 2014
I hate it. They treat my son like an outcast and didn't bother to understand his disability. Moved out of district to a better school.

Posted March 16, 2014
This is the same school I went to as a child. I know I enjoyed going here. My daughter loves it here and is sad when she has a sick day. She was just slightly below average when she started here last year in kindergarten. After one quart she was right where she needed to be. This year she started at average and has since risen far above the average. My only complaint is not being able to bring animals in for the kids to see. I loved being able to see animals at school but the current principle does not allow any animals on the property. I have offered to bring up cats dog snakes lizards even a pony, the answer is always no.

East Antioch Elementary School 4

Posted February 06, 2014
Mrs. Metz ,the principle, is very particular! The Art teacher could challenge the kids better. The music and PE teacher are great. I would like free full day tuition for Kindergarten. More programs to challenge the kids who are doing better. Great Kindergarten teachers otherwise!

East Antioch Elementary School 4

Posted February 01, 2014
I love this school. We attended Comanche Elementary before. At Comanche, we loved the principal, Mr. Bell. He always greeted us and I felt that he made an attempt to get to know the parents and children. I was not impressed with the teachers (my son attended K-2nd). He was having problems with attention and focus and instead of talking to us about it, I would receive emails and Safe Chair paperwork once a week. He has always been a great student academically but they always focused on what he was doing wrong, he was a child! After finally getting my son tested and put on a low dose of meds, we moved locations. He started attending EA and has had a great 2 years there! He is currently on the Principal's Honor Roll and Mrs Smith (4th grade) is amazing! A few complaints I have, is the principal. I have tried to speak with her and have friendly conversation but she is not very approachable. Also, they treat all parents and students as if they have been there for years. Sometimes information isn't very clear when having events, etc. Overall, I love the school. Go Panthers!

East Antioch Elementary School 1

Posted May 08, 2013
This is a horrible school! I have never met such a NON child friendly principal. She doesn't greet the parents or the children when she passes them in the hallways. She should be a prison warden. The school as a whole cares nothing about educating their children. They push our kids through like cattle. We had a second grader who was failing math. Our child's teacher never thought it important enough to bring to our attention. I went to the teacher, that did not work. I then went to the principal, that did not work. I then went to the school board, that did not work. Math is not something you want your child to fall behind in. It will only get worse as the years go on. My daughter made it through second grade (they push her though). By 3rd grade, I am livid. She is failing math. Every math paper she brings home is between 20 and 60%. At parent teacher conference, they tell us we are reading too much into it and that she will be fine. That was in October. My hands felt tied. For the sake of my child's education, I pulled her out at Christmas and have homeschooled her ever since. I now have a 1st grader who is failing math at this school. She will be homeschooled next year!

Posted May 19, 2009
My grandsons are in 1st & 3rd. Excellent teachers. Also very patient and caring to the children. So glad they go to East Antioch!

Posted April 27, 2009
We have 4 children at East Antioch elementary this year & in our opinion, it is one of the best schools around. Our oldest has attended East Antioch since 1st grade and is now finishing 5th. The teachers strive for an excellent learning environment & encourage parental involvement. The Watchdog program allows for positive male role models in the students' lives at school and gives a great opportunity for dads to be involved in their kids school. The PTA provides discounts on all the field trips (we usually only pay $1 or $2 per field trip) and have a variety of fun activities planned throughout the year. The room parents always make memorable parties for the fall, Christmas & Valentine's day. A Moms in Touch program meets weekly for prayer. We would highly recommend this school to anyone looking for a solid education for their children and faculty who truly care.

Posted January 15, 2009

Posted May 07, 2008
This school is great and the principal Mr.Way really encourged the student to learn and participate@

East Antioch Elementary School 0

Posted November 16, 2007
Watchdogs are really one of the strongest parts of this school. The PTA are really friendly and do alot for the school. I haven't had any complaints about any of the teachers. The Principal is still new to us and a different kind then what we are used to. I have noticed alot of students are involved in and out of the classrooms together. The place is really a warm place to be.

East Antioch Elementary School
7342 Lowell, Shawnee Mission, KS  66204
Last modified East Antioch Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
East Antioch Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top