Shawnee Mission, KS

Apache Elementary School 4

Posted May 18, 2013
My daughter is completing kindergarten at this school, and I have seen her grow immensely in terms of her writing, reading, and math skills, as well as in her focus. The staff gathered to do an intervention on some areas and met with me to discuss it. I appreciate their team approach. With a focus on the positive, my daughter's attitude toward school also changed. She used to not feel like it was for her, but once she saw her own capabilities, she became excited about going to school. The degree of caring that they put into each individual student is what, as a parent, I appreciate most about Apache.

Apache Elementary School 1

Posted February 27, 2013
I am the mother of three Apache children. We hate this school. teachers are uniformed and the principal is very disorganized. They didn't even have a crosswalk in front of school until January! teachers worry more about getting cars through the pick up line fast instead of worrying about the safety of the children!

Posted May 03, 2011
I'm the grandmother of a student who attended Apache, and had the opportunity to visit the school on many occasions and to see the teachers in action. It's a wonderful school, with caring teachers and a fantastic principal. My grandchild was very happy attending this school.

Posted February 01, 2010
I am extremely impressed with this school. My child is in kindergarten and her teacher is outstanding! The principal, Jennifer Monroe is so involved with the children's wellbeing that she very often stands out in the cold to greet the children as they are dropped off for school. I am very impressed with how organized and safe the drop off and pick up of the children is. In the morning, older children and some teachers help the students out of their cars/vans, to keep the line moving. My child has learned so much, so quickly that I am continually impressed. The teaching is very creative and they make memorization fun and effective. I can't say enough about this school and I highly recommend it to other parents!

Apache Elementary School 3

Posted May 27, 2009
Comparative to other Title I schools, there is a distinct difference in the learning, safetly, organization, and general appearance. Whether it's because of the income level or not is irrelevant. I apologize if my rating was a bit stereotypical. No need to take my rating offensively. My facts are just my opinion of many others, but I felt a need of sharing so that other parents know what they are getting into if they chose to move in this schools area. Sincerely, A PTA involved parent.

Posted May 19, 2009
Honestly? There is no sense in shunning our children or school because we are in a low income area & most of us rent our homes. This does not mean that we are any less involved with or concerned about our children. On a better note, It may help for you to become more involved in the PTA or one of our other great programs like most of us have! It makes a big difference when you become part of our schools community. Also, Apache is a Title I School, so the income level of the families should have come as no surprise, had you done the research.

Posted December 18, 2008

Posted May 29, 2008

Posted January 14, 2008
My husband and I are foster parents and haev recently enrolled our second sibling group at Apache. I can't say enough about the great teachers, staff and principal at Apache. Our kids can often be very challenging and everyone works so hard to make certain that they feel comforatble and do their best.

Posted February 24, 2007

Apache Elementary School
8910 Goddard, Shawnee Mission, KS  66214
Last modified Apache Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Apache Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top