Shawnee Mission, KS

Belinder Elementary School 1

Posted December 09, 2011
I continue to be more disapointed with Belinder every year. My child has attended Belinder since kindergarten. Two years ago, she was diagnosed with ADHD, and is typical, she has an above average IQ. This school has done as little as possible to work with her. She sturggles with reading, but more than that, she has no confidence in her reading ability due to comments made and interventions used in the past years. If a parent does not seek information, information is not given. Belinder is supposed to be a bully free school, however, my child has been the victim of bullying for several years. She is now the one working with a social worker to learn how to deal with this on going bullying. As a family, we are looking at alternative placemments. I would not recomend Belinder to anyone.

Posted November 05, 2009
Belinder is a great school. My kids love going to school there. I went there myself and think it has a great level of education.

Belinder Elementary School 2

Posted May 01, 2009

Posted November 12, 2008
Belinder is a fabulous elementary school. My family moved to Kansas from the east coast and have been astounded by the quality of our neighborhood school. The principal and teachers are without compare!

Posted November 12, 2008
This school has been perfect for my two children. My youngest is a special needs child and the school responded immediately with a program that was superior to the previous school. Outstanding leadership and teachers!

Posted August 19, 2008

Belinder Elementary School 0

Posted January 16, 2008
Belinder Elementary is an excellent school. The teachers care about the children. They work extremely hard to help kids who need extra support. There is open communication between the teachers, principal, and parents. Parental involvement is huge here. It is a very safe, fun environment. I have a 5th grader and a 2nd grader. We couldn't be happier. This is a great school!

Belinder Elementary School 0

Posted January 13, 2008
My children are new to Belinder this year. I have been very impressed with the level of communication between classroom teachers and parents. I recieve weekly information from the school and my childrens' teachers. They also have daily planners that help me know how I can help my child. There many ways that I can be included in school activies through PTA and my children's classrooms. I love this school!

Belinder Elementary School 2

Posted September 20, 2007
As a new family to Belinder, I have not been very impressed with the level of communication between classroom and parent. I have noticed that there are not specific quarterly or weekly educational plans to let parents know what is being taught in the classroom. This is not helpful if you are trying to bolster learning at home. I have also noticed that many excuses are made, but solutions are not always offered. There is also a definite disparity between those of different backgrounds (financial and ethnic) that attend the school. It seems, unfortunately, to be a school for wealthy homogeneous students that are use to the lackadaisical style of education to excel.

Posted August 23, 2007
My daughter is having an excellent experience at Belinder. She is now a 2nd grader and doing very well. The teachers are seasoned and have a great deal of experience. The only desire I have is that they initiate a Christmas / Holiday music program and that they have it at hours that working parents can be there.

Belinder Elementary School
7230 Belinder Rd, Shawnee Mission, KS  66208
Last modified Belinder Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Belinder Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top