Bad
Good

Blue Jacket Flint is a great school. We have a great principal that cares about the well being of the students and the staff. Most of the teacher are very good with the kids. There is a few that do raise their voices and yell at the students to much, we have been luck not to have those teachers. I would like to say that the art and music teacher are amazing!!!!!. I could not ask for better special teachers. My daughter also likes the gym and library teachers. My only complaint is that it seems like there is only a handful of us parents that volunteer and help out. I understand both parent probably work full time so not alot of parent can help but it would be nice to have more parent support.

Teachers especially in the upper grades make frequent use of "group punishment" (loss of recess, silent lunch, extra homework, yelling at the class), for the misbehavior of only a few students. High-achieving well-behaved students are left to teach themselves. Parent-teacher conferences are minimal and superficial in that parents are shown standardized test scores and sent on their way with no discussion of how to further challenge a high-performing student. Nightly homework often exceeds the district standard of 10 minutes per grade level. There is a serious lack of joy in the upper grade level class environments. I agree with the prior reviewers who stated that if a parent has a choice, find another school for your child unless you want your child to detest school for the rest of his/her life.

Interesting how most of the positive comments are from teachers that obviously work there. This school needs an overhaul with an attitude adjustment towards the children that are forced to walk through the doors everyday! If I could afford to move and put my kids in a different school, I would do it in a heartbeat! If you want your child's love for learning crushed like a pancake...bring them to this school.

Very supportive PTA. Many activities for students. Choir, strings, art, band, student council, morning announcer, fitness, community involvement, physical education, library, and computer labs. The teachers are caring and work very hard to make sure each child is learning, no matter what their challenges. Parents are active and supportive. A great school for every student!

I have greatly enjoyed my teaching experience at Bluejacket Flint. The staff, students, and parents of BJF are a close family always supporting one another to ensure success of all. Teachers collaborate on a weekly basis to create positive and memorable learning experiences. Our parents go above and beyond with their involvement in and out of the classroom. Students are polite, hardworking, and have many opportunities to participate in activities and leadership positions. I feel very fortunate to be part of this family!

i went to this skool last year. it was truly a gr8 experience. i met all of my friends there. but i have to disagree with ther review about no extra copys. my teachers always gave me and extra if i needed one. there was alot of homework, but they always gave us like 30 min to do it, i liked all the teachers i had and they were willing to help me with the work. may i add when i went there we didnt have a VP so it may be more strict now but idk

Our children are transfer students to Bluejacket-Flint. We chose Bluejacket-Flint because of the outstanding staff and we knew that our children would get a quality education in a positive learning atmosphere. Bluejacket-Flint is a wonderful school where the teachers and faculty are amazing and truly care for the students. I am proud to send my kids to Bluejacket-Flint!

All three of my children have gone to school at Bluejacket-Flint. I have had nothing but positive experiences there! The teachers truly care about the children and set a very high standard of expectations for their students. My children went on to middle school and high school very well prepared thanks to the training they received at BJF! I owe a great deal of thanks to all the teachers who helped my children along the way.

BJF is a wonderful place to be a teacher and student! Parents are extremely supportive and eager to help in the classroom. They work together with teachers to help their children, as well as other children be successful in learning. Students at BJF work hard and participate in many extra-curricular activities such as math club, choir and a fitness club. Students and teachers are constantly rising awareness, money and goods for those less fortunate. It's a wonderful place to be!

Winner of Kindest School in Kansas City! Loving, hard working teachers and staff. Six Standards of Excellence in reading and math! Award winning programs and recipient of numerous educational grants! Atmosphere is positive and productive. Students are well behaved and love to come to school!

Last modified Bluejacket-Flint is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.