Shawnee Mission, KS

Posted August 29, 2014
I am a former student at this school and I loved it....in fact, I had such wonderful teachers at Rosehill, many of whom are still there, that it inspired me to become a teacher too.

Posted August 29, 2014
I have lived in this area for over 20 years and it is a wonderful community to raise a family. All 3 of my children have attended Rosehill, which is an excellent school with caring, supportive teachers and staff. They also have attended Indian Woods M.S. and Shawnee Mission South and we have been very pleased at the quality of the education they have received.

Posted May 20, 2014
The teachers are great especially mrs. Ryan the kindergarten teacher. I can't stress how happy I am my daughter attends this school.

Posted April 30, 2014
I cannot say enough good things about Rosehill Elementary. I am shocked by this rating and feel that it is unfairly low. I would send my kids to Rosehill Elementary over and over again. We even moved out of district and asked the district to allow our kids the opportunity to complete their elementary education at Rosehill. Rosehill is the best of the best from the Administration leadership to the fantastic teachers at every grade level to the awesome PTA support. I am so happy this is the school and these are the teachers that built my children's elementary education knowledge and helped them created wonderful memories. If you make your decision to not attend Rosehill based on this rating alone, you are doing yourself a disservice.

Rosehill Elementary School 4

Posted November 10, 2013
We are new to Rosehill and came in with reservations due to this score. How misplaced this is! Rosehill is a great match for our son. The teachers and principal are excellent. I watched the principal call each and every student by name at drop off in the second week of school. The teaching principles are sound and on target for my child. We love Rosehill and can't believe we even thought about sending our child to private school (in part) due to this rating.

Posted June 22, 2013
I am shocked at this rating. Both of my children have attended Rosehill from Kindergarten to Sixth Grade. My son graduated in 2013 and my daughter in 2012. The staff, from Mr. Lawrence the school principal through great teachers like Mrs. Cappocia, Mr. Wyand,, Mrs. Ovida, all the way down to the janitors, Mr. Jerry and the rest of the staff were of the highest caliber. They were easy to talk to and always very concerned that the children came first in safety and education. The test scores are an aboration as there are a few children of illegal immigrants, all very nice people mind you, that are struggling, and they throw the curve. My children were perennially on the honor and Principals Honor Roll. I was honored, honored that my children went to school at Rosehill and if given a chance, I would choose to send my children here again.

Rosehill Elementary School 1

Posted August 12, 2012
Communication between teachers, the principal and parents are well below expected. You are never informed of anything until what seems like the last minute, by paper, which is brought home by your student. This is extremely inefficient. There should be direct contact with staff and parents, whether it be by phone, email, or a website that is updated regularly. This would cut down on so much unnecessary confusion so we can get to the business of educating our kids. When we call the principal to voice concerns, he was rude and confrontational, which made us feel alienated from our children's education. He did call later and apologize, but as parents, we have the right to have our concerns heard and have some plan moving forward to reach a mutually beneficial outcome. I believe the teachers care about their students and do their best despite budget cuts in our state, but we need to communicate effectively with one another so we can help each other meet the educational goals set by the kids, parents and the school.

Rosehill Elementary School 4

Posted April 14, 2012
Rating a school based on the race of the students is very inappropriate. It is great to have a diversity in a place where children are being prepared to face the real world. This school has a diverse population of kids, Hispanic, Black, Indian (not Native Americans), Asian, European and of course Caucasian just to name a few; this makes it a culturally rich place. So, bottom line, the school is great, staff is very friendly, efficient and helpful. Teachers are well prepared and do their best, and like in every school, this applies to most of them. If because of lack of education and ignorance you have racism inclinations, you should probably stay away from the public school system.

Posted May 25, 2011
My son has been attending this school for four full years now, and it's really amazing. I'm kind of in shock about the parent that made a big deal about it being an ESL school, and the possible "social issues" that could occur. This school really is magnificent, filled with great teachers, a caring staff, lots of activities for the students, and a top notch education. This school doesn't judge against those without money, or who aren't fluent in English. They treat everyone equally. Kids are kids, regardless of their parents economic status or skin color. My son was in the Olathe school district previous to this and had more issues with bullying in his one year there than in the four years he's had here!

Posted September 28, 2009

Rosehill Elementary School
9801 Rosehill, Shawnee Mission, KS  66215
Last modified Rosehill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rosehill Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top