Shawnee Mission, KS

Tomahawk Elementary School 0

Posted May 18, 2010
Great School. Highly Recommend it. School District is awesome.

Posted April 28, 2010
I have had children at Tomahawk for 6 years. It is a small school that doesn't always get the recognition of nearby elementary schools, but it is a great school! It has great parent involvement and is a diverse learning environment. There is a big focus on family activities including free family fun nights, bike rodeos, chili cook-off, and the district's BEST carnival. They are also leading the green movement by composting food waste and starting a green team for students. It's a great school that flies under the SMSD radar.

Posted March 10, 2010
My son is in the morning kindergarten at Tomahawk and loves (almost!) every minute of it. All of the teachers and staff have been wonderful in helping him learn and grow. They are taught such a variety of subject matter (everything from Japanese culture to classic fairy tales to how coins are made), with plenty of field trips and exciting classroom activities to engage even reluctant students. There is an amazing amount of parent involvement, and so many fun activities for families to participate in. I always feel welcome whenever I visit. My four year old loves going to the monthly 'preschool storytimes' and she is also invited to take part in some of the 'big kid' activities, like classroom parties. Both of my children are very proud to call themselves Tomahawk Tigers!

Posted October 01, 2008
Well, here I am again 2 years later. My daughter is now in 3rd grade and has mrs. Hart as her teacher. She is doing fine but does have some difficulties with math. I still like the school and support it fully. The staff and the teacher are wondersful to work with. Her 2nd grade teacher Ms. Kanatzer taught Zoey much and we are very thankful. I like getting the updates about how our school compares. Bob Davis Parent

Posted June 08, 2008

Posted March 18, 2008
Tomahawk is a wonderful school in a great neighborhood. My daughter has been at Tomahawk for four years, and all of her teachers have been great! My daughter has been given the opportunity to pursue advanced work and has excelled at Tomahawk.

Tomahawk Elementary School
6301 West 78th St, Shawnee Mission, KS  66204
Last modified Tomahawk Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tomahawk Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top