Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)

Posted November 02, 2015
We transferred into WWV from a school we loved and were sad to leave. The administration and staff quickly won all of us over! I have a first grader and a fifth grader. They both love going to school and both feel challenged. The work load is more rigorous than their previous school. which I appreciate. The parent community is warm and I have felt welcome in all activities. One of the things that impressed me the most about the parent community is the special fund for extra programs for an already outstanding school. Another thing that impressed me is how the kids treat each other. Over and over I see examples of the kids treating each and adults with respect. Both of my kids were welcomed by classmates and immediately invited to birthday parties. If I could use one word to describe WWV it would be eager. They create an environment that sparks curiosity and in turn my kids are eager to learn. The teachers are eager to discuss challenges or achievements of my kids. The administration is eager to support in any way they can. I 100% agree with the posting on Sept. 28, 2015 by another parent. This is simply an outstanding school and I feel blessed to be a part of it.

Posted September 28, 2015
I disagree with the last review. I feel as though WWV cares as much about academics as they do about creativity, good citizenship and everything else that goes into making a great school. The parent involvement is outstanding, the teachers care about their students. WWV funds their Spanish program as well as other special projects by funds donated by the families that attend. It's almost like a private school in a public district. There are always opportunities to get involved, you just have to take advantage of them. I wouldn't want my kids to go anywhere else and feel lucky to live in this community.

Westwood View Elementary School 2

Posted September 10, 2015
It's no coincidence the last review was posted in 2012. We had high hopes for this school, but it looks as if administration and staff have caved to stacking the deck to promote their reputation of high test scores as opposed to performing education that stimulates intellect, curiosity and good citizenship. Also, the teachers are young and seemingly inexperienced. If you want a school that is inclusive and welcoming, look elsewhere.

Posted July 18, 2012
I've seen nothing but excellence from the staff at Westwood View since we moved to Westwood at the beginning of the Spring 2012 semester. Looking forward to many more. Hopefully, the quality of education the institution offers will keep it's doors open. Our daughter was excited to go to school everyday and was actually SAD when summer break began.

Posted September 17, 2009
Positive learning environment and exceptional teachers, plus my daughter looks forward to going to school.

Posted September 16, 2009
Awesome school!! Full of community, happy students, great teachers! A great place to learn!

Posted January 26, 2009
Wonderful principal, Ms. Knight, and teachers. We moved here from Louisiana and were so impressed by the caring and concern. Staff are all professional and the small class size is wonderful. The field trips have been fantastic.

Posted March 01, 2006
My daughter loves Westwood View and I throughly enjoy the integrated themetic teaching. Parents are highly involved. Overall sense of community is amazing

Posted February 18, 2006
We moved to this area a few years ago specifically for the school. Westwood view offers a great learning environment, top notch teachers and staff, and a wonderful student population. The school draws kids from excellent neighborhoods in Kansas City. The parental involvement at the school is unparalleled, which really makes a huge difference in the resources and activities compared to some other area schools. Westwood View scores 10 out of 10 on our scale in everything.

Posted December 08, 2005
Westwood View is an amazing school and I, along with the other parents, are so glad that our children are attending. The teachers and staff there are the best there could be. The children can learn in a fun but healthy enviornment.

2511 West 50th St, Shawnee Mission, KS  66205
Last modified Westwood View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westwood View Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top