6-12 & Ungraded
Shawnee Mission, KS
Students enrolled: 1,865

Shawnee Mission West High School 1

Posted April 24, 2011
the school as a whole is pretty nice, but the teachers are so bad, everyone I know can do nothing but complain about them. that school has caused me more grief than bullying and death combined. and that's just disgraceful. I've attended that school for 4 years now, and my last day is May 13th, 2011. I gotta say that I've never been happier to leave anywhere in my life.

Posted July 08, 2009
I wouldnt say West is a rich school. More middle class than schools like SM East. Overall great school. Plus we've got the best football team in the area.

Posted May 05, 2009
I love West! My daughter graduated from here in 2006 and my son is now a sophomore. The teachers are great, they have a wonderful athletic program, and the parents are very involved. Not only that, but I truly appreciate the diversity found in this school....not only racial or ethnic, but also religious, economic, and social. We're going to be moving after this school year, and I'm going to miss it terribly!

Posted January 29, 2009
West has just added new wings, a track and gym so it now comfortably fits all it's students. I love it here and everyone is really nice and to be honest there isn't really any cliques

Posted December 29, 2008
It's a great school to attend. it's got many opportunities for students to learn and exercise their knowledge. the music and drama programs are outstanding, and the teachers do as much as they can to help out.

Shawnee Mission West High School 4

Posted November 15, 2008

Posted September 15, 2008
It's a good school. The instructor's really care, and the drama and music is outstanding

Posted September 02, 2008
This school was a great school to get to go to. it was an honor to be a viking, but now im stuck at boring olathe east. Shawnee mission west was awesome students and teachers were great to work with, and the classes are not homework loaded. This school is GREAT!!

Shawnee Mission West High School 4

Posted November 04, 2007

Posted August 05, 2007

Shawnee Mission West High School
8800 West 85th St, Shawnee Mission, KS  66212
Last modified Shawnee Mission West High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shawnee Mission West High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top