6-12 & Ungraded|Public district

Bad
Good

All 3 of my children attended West and while each had different interests, abilities and talents, all 3 received a solid education from excellent teachers and staff. Terrific variety of teams, groups, sports to participate in. The parent involvement and support is outstanding. One of the pluses with this school is the social and economic diversity. Kids are given lots of opportunity to develop leadership skills. West really is best!

the school as a whole is pretty nice, but the teachers are so bad, everyone I know can do nothing but complain about them. that school has caused me more grief than bullying and death combined. and that's just disgraceful. I've attended that school for 4 years now, and my last day is May 13th, 2011. I gotta say that I've never been happier to leave anywhere in my life.

I wouldnt say West is a rich school. More middle class than schools like SM East. Overall great school. Plus we've got the best football team in the area.

I love West! My daughter graduated from here in 2006 and my son is now a sophomore. The teachers are great, they have a wonderful athletic program, and the parents are very involved. Not only that, but I truly appreciate the diversity found in this school....not only racial or ethnic, but also religious, economic, and social. We're going to be moving after this school year, and I'm going to miss it terribly!

West has just added new wings, a track and gym so it now comfortably fits all it's students. I love it here and everyone is really nice and to be honest there isn't really any cliques

It's a great school to attend. it's got many opportunities for students to learn and exercise their knowledge. the music and drama programs are outstanding, and the teachers do as much as they can to help out.

It's a good school. The instructor's really care, and the drama and music is outstanding

This school was a great school to get to go to. it was an honor to be a viking, but now im stuck at boring olathe east. Shawnee mission west was awesome students and teachers were great to work with, and the classes are not homework loaded. This school is GREAT!!

i attend shawnee mission east high school, and would like to say that shawnee mission west is the best high school in the kansas area, maybe even the world

Last modified Shawnee Mission West High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.