Posted August 04, 2014
an amazing school with an amazing staff ! Everyone is super involved. I love all the functions they have at the school, that really makes kids feel like they are special

Christa Mcauliffe Elementary School 2

Posted November 23, 2013
Same school my 2 children went to except it's went from a 4 star to a 2 star school as far as I'm concerned. Nice principal. We learned thru my granddaughter that the teacher actually belittled a child in front of the class and my daughter had to go up and complain because she didn't want it happening to her child or any other. I guess teacher jobs are protected so nothing was done. They teach math to 4th graders using a video of some kind. They have a buddy room they put the disruptive kids in when their behavior is not being controlled by the usual methods and this obviously isn't working. Just tired of my intelligent granddaughter not getting the kind of education she deserves. I will be looking for a private school at some point in the near future. Sad. They could improve this school by getting rid of the 2 grouches and anyone else who doesn't greet the kids with some smiles. Not sure what can be done with the teachers since they have their own curriculum style they're teaching from and seem resistant to change when questioned. And kids should be held more accountable for classroom behavior with parental involvement. Private school is probably the answer for us.

Christa Mcauliffe Elementary School 3

Posted June 14, 2013
This school has gone downhill in the past year. IEP meeting used to be collaborative and out-of-the-box thinking was encouraged. Now everything is driven by test scores-- never mind what parents or teachers see with their own eyes or what they think would acutally work. Current principal talks down to parents and gives a vibe that favors athletic kids (especially boys) over non-athletic ones. I used to love this school-- now I am looking for greener pastures.

Posted May 27, 2008

Posted June 26, 2007
This is a great school with lots of parental involvement. The best thing is the caring staff and great leadership. The teachers go the extra mile to assure your child gets what they need. I have enjoyed the overall feel of the environment as it is a strong community full of great people. There is plenty to get involved with and the people are welcoming. The children feel the positive vibes put off by staff and parents. A very conducive environment for learning. I feel they have given my child a really good start in life both academically and socially.

Christa Mcauliffe Elementary School
15600 West 83rd St, Shawnee Mission, KS  66219
Last modified Christa Mcauliffe Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Christa Mcauliffe Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top