No rating

Brookridge Day School

Private | PK-3

Living in Shawnee Mission

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $152,600. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $820.

Posted June 3, 2014

My kids love their school. We never have "I don't want to go to school" problem. Caring teachers and administration do their magic.

Posted February 9, 2013

I have only great things to say about this school! It truly feels like family. My son attended pre-k through 3rd grade and the only complaint I had was that the school didn't go through 12th grade or we would have never left! Dr Brown and the teachers are outstanding and provided an excellent foundation and preparation for transition to public school. Excellent choice for education in a caring environment!

Posted July 29, 2010

We have been at this school now starting our 6th year. This education is second to none. In addition, the teachers, administration and curriculum have a focus on the holistic child, developing self respect, self control and self confidence. I cannot say enough good things about this school and the foundation that we have gained for our daughter through this education.

Posted October 15, 2009

We've sent our daughter here for Pre-K and decided to stay on for Kindergartern. She loves her teachers and is excited for school every day. The teachers provide a challenging curriculum for all the students, and the extra activities such as dance and tumbling help round out my daughter's day.

Posted July 6, 2009

Brookridge has an excellent school year curriculum and long time teaching and support/office staff. the principal for the K-3rd grade program is not just intelligent and thoughtful, she is inspiring and our children knew intuitively how loving she was early on. I only have two complaints, one is the summer school program does not seem as robust and the consistency of teacher/staff i see during school year..don't see otherwise. the other one, which almost seems petty, is price keeps going up. when so many of us have either lost or jobs or even had unprecedented pay freezes..this is hard to take ..as I assume this goes up to account for teacher salary increases. but I do like the low teacher student ratio during all but the summer school year..immenstely.

Posted July 21, 2007

An awesome and educational school!
—Submitted by a student

Posted June 19, 2007

My little one just turn 5 year and we were torn as where we should go.Her father and I were amazed at how old this school was.It's been there since 1968,however, with all their rennovations and upkeep, it looked pratically new from the inside. I was so impressed by the staff in our first meeting, and in the second meeting when we brought [our daughter] to meet with the prinicpal. She was so warm, caring, and genuine, one cannot help but enroll their child in this program. In her transition to Kindergarten, she is speding the summer with all their fun-filled activities they have planned, until August. I have to tell any parent out there, choosing between private vs. public there is no questions ask. This school is top notch for busy working parents, who want a wonderful education for their child. The school says private, but the price is not.

Posted January 29, 2007

My child has learned more than I expected in our time at Brookridge; the quality of education and caring of staff are great.

Posted December 29, 2006

I'm not a parent--I'm Brookridge alumni about to graduate high school. Just thought I'd add my two cents! :-) Brookridge was amazing. I remember the whole school getting together every Friday to sing with our principal Mrs. Crawford. I can still remember most of the songs! I attribute my love for music and learning to the Brookridge staff's TLC. I've got a full ride to Truman State and I'm going for a degree in music education!
—Submitted by a former student

Posted March 22, 2006

I currently have a child enrolled at Brookridge, and I cannot overly state how impressed I am with the staff, curriculum, etc. In the short time that my son has attended this school, I have seen extraordinary progess in his development! Since I am a parent that relies heavily on this type of feedback, I wanted to ensure that every parent reading this knows - I amone satisfied mom! My only gripe - my son cannot remain in this school until 12th grade!! Traci Wills

Posted October 25, 2005

I was telling a co worker about Brookridge & came across this site searching for its address. I can't say enough good things about this school. We've had all 3 of our boys go to the school over a 9 year period & its always been the same. Consistently the highest level of quality care & teaching. It really takes a load off of the parent knowing their children are in good hands. The Murphy's

Posted March 2, 2005

Respect for self and others; a love of learning. Just a couple of things Brookridge is about. On a daily basis, this team of educators truly exceed their goal in providing a quality education with quality before and after school care for working parents. They not only care about and know these kids, they are there to provide parents the tools and encouragement to be better parents. Top curriculum with a strong emphasis on reading. My children have come away from Brookridge with a solid foundation of self control and responsibilty that I don't beleive would have been fostered as well in any other school. Brookridge is the best opportunity for children to develop that self confidence and love of learning.

Posted August 10, 2003

Brookridge is absolutely amazing. Every teacher truly puts the interest of the children first. They emphasize building self esteem in all children. They do this through music and singing. Sounds basic- it is - and it works. Both of my introverted children belted out solos two years in a row at the year's-end assembly. All children learn self control, discipline, and respect by performing in the school programs. Classes repeatedly score in the top 10% of Iowa Basics. Staff treats parents like family. Best before and after school care in our area. Highly recommend Brookridge.

Asian 5% 2%
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander N/A 0%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab