Shawnee Mission, KS
Before care: Yes

Posted April 17, 2014
Hope Lutheran School is a perfect fit for our family - just big enough to offer a lot of extracurricular activities, but small enough to still have that "family" feel. Hope offers an excellent education with a variety of extracurricular activities: sports, choir, band, mathc club, robotics & more. My youngest is still in school at Hope. My oldest is now in high school. She breezed through her freshman year, taking all honors classes was able to be competitive in high school sports and participated in marching band. High schools love Hope students! Just ask them! Special needs are sometimes a little bit more difficult, but not impossible, to accommodate. Accommodations have been made for us over the years. There will be issues among kids anywhere you go. Yes, sometimes even at Hope. We are all human. It happens. In the 13 years we have been with the school, our experience has been that parents, teachers and administrators care a great deal about the kids, and genuinely work with you to try to resolve issues. The best part of Hope is that, every day, the kids hear how much God loves them. The faculty and staff at Hope are committed to sharing that message every day.

Posted April 17, 2014
Hope Lutheran School is a wonderful place! All of the school /church community and staff is invested in giving the children a supportive, Christ centered, and exceptional education. I highly recommend this school and church community.

Posted January 06, 2012
I could not be happier with Hope Lutheran School. My child is learning not only academic skills, but how to be a compassionate, caring person. I feel like Hope Lutheran School is truly a second family for us. I highly recommend it for anyone...I really love our school!

Hope Lutheran School 2

Posted August 25, 2011
If you are looking for a christian education, Hope provides it. If you are looking for a christian environment, don't count on it. The students, teachers, and parents (many) do not bring true christian values to their everyday lives. More bullying children, arrogant rude parents, and cruel teachers than you'd find in an quality public school. My children have been happier, more successful, and better educated since leaving. Please, don't be fooled by the 'christian education' tag line. It's a farce.

Hope Lutheran School 0

Posted June 30, 2009
Very strong preschool. Appropriate curriculum, plenty of structure, yet it allows exploration time for children. The teachers are experienced and loving. Teaching Christian faith is integrated into the whole program. It was a great start for my sons!

Posted February 06, 2009
Both our boys currently attend Hope and have done so since Pre-K. The staff at Hope are great in so many ways. In addition to a solid, christian education (note: we attend a non-lutheran church) we know of many, many families with Hope kids that have excelled from day one in both public and private HS. There are very good sports and after school activities as well. The only drawback (but can also be a plus) is that parent involvement is a must in a private school like this.

Hope Lutheran School 1

Posted January 24, 2008

Posted March 12, 2007
This is an exceptional school. I do not know how else to describe its excellent facilities and teaching staff. It's a wonderful place to make good friends, memories, and morals. I highly recommend this school.

Posted March 06, 2006
Hope Lutheran is an extraordinary school. Challenging academics, great band and choral programs, incredible parent involvement. The interscholastic athletics art top notch. The school experience here is just wonderful!

Hope Lutheran School