Bad
Good

Both of our children had wonderful experiences at Merriam Park Elementary School. It is a great school.

We experienced two other elementary schools before sending our kids to Merriam Park Elementary and could not be happier with the diversity of the school population, the dedication and retention of teachers, and the environment of the school overall. There are several apartment buildings in the area and so there is more student turnover than I expected (so far about 2 students have left/ entered my daughter's class each year). At my daughter's class parties, there are several parent helpers that come and I think parental involvement school-wide is strong. I think compared to other Johnson County schools this is one of the lowest income and most diverse (but considering Johnson County is one of the wealthiest and most educated in the nation- that does not mean much!). I highly recommend this school. My daughter loves the school and all my neighbors send their kids there. The principal is very accessible (Dr.Wilhoit is out greeting kids and parents at dismissal and drop-off) and the front office staff are professional and always remember my name and my child.

This school is fantastic! It has a state of the art environment, professional and compassionate teachers, great test scores AND a diverse environment! We love it here!

I love this school!!! My son had Mrs. Dallman last year and is in Mrs. Motti's class this year. They are wonderful teachers! My son can not wait to go to school each morning. Mrs. Berry (the principal) is awesome! She really cares about the school and kids.

This school is awesome! My son is in Mrs. Motti class and she rocks!!

Last modified Merriam Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.