Bad
Good

My child has special needs and requires an IEP at school. We moved to the De Soto school district right before he started Kindergarten. He has excelled at Clear Creek, and I give full credit to the teachers and administration that have worked so hard to assist him in doing so. We went from a school district that was going to throw in the towel and put my child in a "special needs only" classroom all day, to a school that assists him in being in his homeroom as much as possible. I would recommend this school and school district to anyone. They are amazing!

My son has attended CCE since kindergarten and is currently in 5th grade. As the end of his last year approaches I can reflect on his entire experience. I am EXTREMELY satisfied with his education at CCE! He started kindergarten after being enrolled in the DeSoto District preschool program. He had some special needs and was on an IEP until the end of 3rd grade. His progress has been phenomenal! I credit the dedication and love of the staff for his amazing progress. He's gone from the kindergartener who needed que cards of an eye and ear (to remind him to look and listen to the teacher) taped to his desk, to a 5th grader receiving all A's and participating in the excelled math program. Homework is almost daily, usually a math worksheet. Some of the special projects do require parent help, but they can be fun to work on together. My one complaint is that I don't care for their official grading system. It's rather subjective. Students receive a ranking of 1 to 4, which is based on the teacher's impression, not on a grade percentage. In preparation for middle school 5th grade teachers starting giving letter grades, this has been a big motivator for my son.

We moved her in 4-05 and have not been happy with this school or the Dist. The teachers send home a lot of homework, but does not teach the students how to do the work. The get assignments such as to write a paper on someone from history, but they hve not been taught how to write a paper in proper form. They do not show how to research the paper. I have a child with major medical problems and will homeschool this child, as I feel they are not able to step up to the task. Now, he Paras, office staff and the nurse are really good people and I do think the world of them.

This is a great school, and school district. My older son just passed on to Middle School, and my youngest is going into the 3rd grade. I highly recommend this school district.

Last modified Clear Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.