7-12 & Ungraded|Public district

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Rock Creek Jr/Sr High School 2

Posted June 10, 2016
This school is wonderful for students who enjoy school and for those who feel rewarded by receiving good grades. For those who dislike school it is terrible. It's easy to be a "good teacher" to those who want to learn; the challenge should be to help those who don't want to learn. Furthermore, the Senior Exit Project is set up the same way. For those who "care" about their grades it is fine. There is a small percentage of students who truly get lost in the system. Rock Creek is good at college preparation. However, we must recognize that not everyone wants to attend college and, guess what? This is okay! The school needs to have a secondary path so the students who aren't interested in furthering their education can learn real life skills. Also, there are some teachers who simply teach so they can coach (history) and others who are just rude (art). A specific English teacher (who has no children of her own) is one of the worst at realizing that not everyone has the same definition of success or the same goals in life. Unfortunately, this same teacher is highly involved with the Exit Project and will literally set a student up for failure if she dislikes him or her. Rock Creek would be a much better school if the faculty would teach individuals instead of trying to force their ways upon students. Not everyone learns the same!!

Posted March 01, 2014
This school district puts education first! I graduated from Rock Creek in 2013 and could not have picked a better school to attend! I attended schooling in this district since Kindergarten. I loved the small atmosphere and we truly are a mustang family from K-12. I have a great deal of pride for my alma mater and I am extremely disappointed by the negative comments. My Exit Project has helped me so much in my college preparation and in life! It can truly be a wonderful experience if it is done correctly and honestly without trying to cut corners. The only reason the Exit Project keeps students from graduating is if they try to plagiarize or cut corners in some other way. Some students learn this lesson of life the hard way but they are not going to get away with cutting corners in the real world! Of course there are subjects that need to be improved on, as is there in every single school in America! All around, Rock Creek has a wonderful learning environment and is dedicated to providing a quality education for its students! I would HIGHLY recommend this district to anyone in the area without a doubt!

Rock Creek Jr/Sr High School 1

Posted April 06, 2013
This is NOT a good school for your children, especially if they are special needs children. I have nothing good to say about this school. Students are often ignored and when a problem arises that makes the school look bad, the school covers it up to save its hide. Special needs kids are often mistreated and bullied with no consequences going towards the bullies. This district will also do anything to make itself look good, even at the expense of the students. Do not bring your children here. The teachers do not care about your children or their education.

Rock Creek Jr/Sr High School 2

Posted December 29, 2011
.I am a student at Rock Creek. Rock Creek Requires an Exit Project. This Project ruins the experience at the school for the last two years, as of which, i now find myself worrying more about a project, then what comes after the project, my friends, or my family. The school itself is possibly one of the best learning environments i as a student have been in. But the Exit Project ruins this almost great school.

Posted June 05, 2009
My kids have been in this school district for several years and we are thrilled with it. The school is small enough for lots of individual attention, but big enough to provide a wide variety of athletic and academic programs. All students are able to participate and we have one of the most supportive bunch of staff and parents I have ever seen.

Rock Creek Jr/Sr High School 4

Posted August 25, 2008
I do not know what happened with the reviewer posting on Jan 12, 2008. I have had children in this school district for years and I would have to rave about the education they have and are receiving. This is a very great system for athletics and academics. The student to teacher ratio is superb and the extra curricular attention the student has available is tremendous. I would recommend this district to anyone.

Posted August 04, 2008
The programs at RCHS are top notch. The Debate, Forensics, and Scholars Bowl teams have competed well at state, with back-to-back state champs. in Forensics. The teachers take time out of their schedule to meet with students and help them succeed. FFA, NHS, and Student Renaissance are also great opportunities for students to become involved in their school. With 5 AP classes and countless dual-credit classes though Highland CC at Wamego, why not send your child to Rock Creek.

Rock Creek Jr/Sr High School 1

Posted January 12, 2008
worst school I have ever sent my children.

Posted April 21, 2007
My four grandchildren attended Rock Creek School. The oldest will graduate from Kansas State College this spring. The youngest will begin college this fall. I believe our schools gave them a background to attend many colleges. The teachers rank among the best in my opinion. The music department, forensics & scholars bowl were among their favorites. FFA offered agricultural insight to children raised in the country on a few acres. Sports gave them teamwork opportunities and I was proud to be a cheering Grandmother. Rock Creek is my pick of schools in this area.

Rock Creek Jr/Sr High School
9355 Flush Rd, St George, KS  66535
Last modified Rock Creek Jr/Sr High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.