9-12 & Ungraded|Public district

Bad
Good

I am a former student of Blue Valley High School. This school takes pride in its academics as well as it's athletics programs. I was given various opportunities to excel my education through the availability of Honors Classes and classes offered at the local Community College. I also participated in the Soccer and Women's Golf programs ultimately leading to my partial scholarship for Women's Golf at Loyola University Chicago, a division I school. My senior year shines as one of the best in terms of challenging education I received. In addition, the school has made numerous upgrades to their building and sports facilities. Lastly, a shining part of my education came from the performing arts classes I took. Mrs. Moeller is a fine educator with a serious talent for great performances. I highly recommend this school for a well-rounded, high class, free education.

I graduated from BVHS a few years ago, and after talking to other people at college and now work I cannot tell you how glad I am to have had the opportunity to go there. Academically I was so much more prepared than many of the other students in college. I really felt like the my first two years of my engineering degree were much less challenging academically than the classes I had in high school. Also, I was in the gifted program and very involved in a competitive sport outside of school. The school was great and very flexible about allowing me to pursue my sport and get a good education at the same time. With my parents' and the school's permission I was able to miss as much school as I needed to (an hour everyday and most fridays) and still make up the work. The teachers were mostly pretty great about helping me make up homework and tests, and with their help I was able to graduate as one of the top people in my class. If you're looking for a really great public school, with strong academics and good extra-curricular activities I would definitely recommend BVHS.

I would not move out of the BVHS attendance area. This school has been amazing for my kids. Excellent climate for learning--goes above and beyond to make kids feel a part of a very special school.

The Blue Valley School District lacks with assistance for special needs children. They boast about how good they are but the talk is coming from those not associated with the programs.

An excellent school with an excel;lent staff. My son and granddaughter both graduated from BVHS and went on to colleges (Wm. Jewell and Syracuse). This is a great school!

Having had 3 children go through this school, I am convinced that they do a great job in terms of college preparation and creating a happy, supportive atmosphere. The principal and faculty are enthusiastic and very responsive. I will be sorry to leave this school.

The school does not teach self-responsibility and 'baby's' it's students (as seen by the 'Taking Care of Business' plan made by current principal. This program forces students with a D (sometimes a C) or below to attend an after school program to eliminate bad grades. I understand that supposedly they are helping the student and themselves (higher test scores = more money), but this doesn't teach the student how to function without someone else taking care of them). Also, most attention is given the students that are musically, athletically, intellectually, etc gifted, which is understandable, however, the same priviledges and concern for the rest of the student body is not available.

Last modified Blue Valley High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.