1 star

Posted May 17, 2014
Avondale East Elementary, I went here in 1982-3. I used to get bullied and beat up frequently. The other students were quite troubled and I ran into a fellow student years later that tols me stories about how some of the more trouble children we had class with were in prison, now. Interesting to see that this school hasn't changed. This school is in a lower income area of Topeka which goes to show how demographics and public funding work together. These students need extra care and the staff needs extra support!

Posted February 08, 2012
I'm not surprise this school got one star. My daughter attended this school and use to get bullied by the students there. The students there had foul mouths and no respect for anyone. As for the staff you can tell them over and over on about the students bulling your child but they don't do nothing about it. PLEASE PARENTS DO NOT ENROLL YOUR CHILD INTO THIS SCHOOL IF YOUR CARE ABOUT THEIR WELL BEING.

Avondale East Elementary School 2

Posted May 18, 2009
This school needs some better teachers and subs. I am thankful that my child will net be attending this school next year. I think they need to screen there teachers and subs better than what they do. Some teachers need to clean up their mouths and better discipline routines.

Avondale East Elementary School 0

Posted August 21, 2008
I disagree with ignorant people that say this school is horrible. Maybe if some of you parents stayed involved and disciplined your children you would like the school. some of you need to invest in some soap and water! If we want our children to be productive and be better than us we need to take the time out and invest in their future. This is not the 1980s, we are living in a cruel world where children are being teased and picked on. We are all struggling, but if we take a little bit of time out and put forth an effort you might see some good results.If you are having problems pull Mr. Palmer aside and talk to him. If you feel he doesn't solve the problem then go to the next person in charge. I am tired of people degrading our mostly African American schools.

Posted July 29, 2008

Posted December 21, 2007

Posted May 06, 2007
This school was horrible. Teachers had no authority. My children only went for 5mo and even though we still live near this school, I send them somewhere else.

Avondale East Elementary School
455 SE Golf Park Blvd, Topeka, KS  66605
Last modified Avondale East Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Avondale East Elementary School Rating: 1 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top