Bad
Good

I currently have three children enrolled at Avondale West. They all like the school and the teachers. They are constantly coming home with many topics they have learned, and share them with us. We attend most extracurricular activities and school functions, which turn out in a highly organization fashion with great results. Only problem I know of is when the principal gets his microphone and starts to talk, no one I know can understand him or hear him. Teachers are great and my children really enjoy going to Avondale West, which makes me happy as a parent.

I love this school! My child attended K-2 here, and we were so sad to move out of state! There are more extracurricular activities here than any other school I've known, the teachers really care about the kids, and the principal is a true advocate. I'm homeschooling now because I could not find a school this wonderful here.

Avondale West is completely left out of the loop! There needs to be some changes made in the school, the administration, and the fact that this school goes mainly unnoticed. There are some really great teachers there, and the leadership is as to be expected. The parent involvement is terrible. I feel like most of the parents who send their children to Avondale West use the school and teachers as 'babysitters' and expect too much out of them.

Last modified Avondale West Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.