Topeka, KS

Avondale West Elementary School 4

Posted September 30, 2008
I currently have three children enrolled at Avondale West. They all like the school and the teachers. They are constantly coming home with many topics they have learned, and share them with us. We attend most extracurricular activities and school functions, which turn out in a highly organization fashion with great results. Only problem I know of is when the principal gets his microphone and starts to talk, no one I know can understand him or hear him. Teachers are great and my children really enjoy going to Avondale West, which makes me happy as a parent.

Avondale West Elementary School 5

Posted January 21, 2008
I love this school! My child attended K-2 here, and we were so sad to move out of state! There are more extracurricular activities here than any other school I've known, the teachers really care about the kids, and the principal is a true advocate. I'm homeschooling now because I could not find a school this wonderful here.

Avondale West Elementary School 2

Posted May 17, 2007
Avondale West is completely left out of the loop! There needs to be some changes made in the school, the administration, and the fact that this school goes mainly unnoticed. There are some really great teachers there, and the leadership is as to be expected. The parent involvement is terrible. I feel like most of the parents who send their children to Avondale West use the school and teachers as 'babysitters' and expect too much out of them.

Avondale West Elementary School 3

Posted July 15, 2006
My child attended this school. Although child has done extremely well academically and is well behaved, there are issues with the Administration staff there. Principal leadership is extremely, extremely poor and he should be removed.

Avondale West Elementary School
3229 SW Westview Ave, Topeka, KS  66611
Last modified Avondale West Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Avondale West Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top