Topeka, KS

Posted June 29, 2011
There is no other school like Chase out there. My three years there were the best of my life. Everyone there is nice and polite. A lot of after school activities. From my first to last year Chase gave me a sense of belonging. I love this school. A sub shared his story of Chase. He says " I first came to Chase four years ago. I was very scared to come here because Chase was known as a bad school. They prove that to me. I was so upset with the students and staff that I bowed never to return. And here I am four years later. Proving that you are not the same kids. Let me tell you this. You are NOT the same kids. Everyone in this building has changed me. I have not one negitive thought of Chase. I shall be returning here untill you scare me off again. Although I have a feeling that will not happen." Obviously Chase is a very good school. I think there isn't one school better. Please experience Chase. You will not regret it. - Graduate of Chase Middle School, Alex Munoz

Posted January 09, 2010

Posted May 22, 2008

Posted April 02, 2008

Posted November 13, 2006
Chase middle School, I personally, think that is is a great school. You have to go in there with a good & positive attitude, otherwise you'll be treated as your attitude. These kids know how to be respectful, but they expect respect to give it. That's all I have to say.

Chase Middle School 3

Posted April 09, 2006
Why aren't there more after school programs for students? There is no STUCO, Yearbook, Pep club, or cheerleaders. There is however after school tutoring available as well as an after school program that seems to babysit kids. Once a year there is a musical that is awesome. Kids can get involved in sports but not if they are in 6th grade, other than being managers. The assistant principal is awesome. My kid didn't even realize who the actual principal was until November. From what I hear she lets the students know she doesn't respect/support certain teachers. The teachers turnover is outrageous. How can our kids learn when there are more than 7 new teachers a year? This should not be happening. I am really concerned. The students need more motivation to learn at this school. Some of the long term teachers are awesome as well. More parent involvment would be wonderful!

Chase Middle School 3

Posted March 15, 2006
The faculy and staff at Chase Middle School are willing to go the extra mile for students. However, there are many new changes that took place this school year. More than 6 new teachers were hired. Only a few staff members have been at the school longer than 3 years. I anticipate that this will not change next year as well with several faculty members not returning. The staff that does feel supported by administration stays around. Those that do stay are exceptional teachers who will fight for your childs education. There are still fights that occur in the halls despite the many cameras throughout the school.

Posted August 19, 2005
Wos I give this school a 5 star rating. My son has just started his first year here. Basically 4 days of school. And alrady i had a health related incident happen in the school, and in that happening i met a lot of the staff and it was as if i had been their for years. They are outgoing and helpful and super knowledgeable. I was worried about him going there but i am not anymore. I thought he would have it rough but that is not the case. I had heard so many horror stories but i had to experience it for my self and i have and i love the school. Go Cougars. Your the best. Thank you Mr Hershberger , Ms Carter and nurse Dolly you guys are awesome keep it up.

Chase Middle School 4

Posted January 07, 2005
Wonderful kids, many great teachers. Lots of poverty, but most of the teachers are sensitive to student needs and are working hard to help them overcome their disadvantages. Great social worker and counselors as well. They also have an after school program which is meeting the academic and social needs of about 40 kids a day.j

Chase Middle School 4

Posted December 10, 2004
My daughter went to Chase for three years, under two different principals. Both principals were good, and loved the kids. The new principal, now in her second year, is doing marvelous work. Sure, there are some teachers who need help, and many of them are getting it. There are also some absolutely magical staff members who want to work with a diverse group of students and they are performing miracles every day. Many of the CMS students are very needy, and many of the staff are helping to deal with those issues in a positive way. I was pleased with my daughter's overall experiences at Chase M.S. We could have sent her elsewhere, but are glad we did not. Parents who work with and support the staff's efforts will be happy with Chase Middle School.

Chase Middle School
2250 NE State St, Topeka, KS  66616
Last modified Chase Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chase Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top