PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

This school provided me with a wonderful foundation in the humanities, Latin, and Bible. However, it does not do well preparing students to engage with the "real world," in which most of the population isn't white and Christian. I also felt behind in some subjects like math and science when I entered college, although I excelled in English and history, etc.

Our sons have attended Cair Paravel Latin School since kindergarten. They are now a Freshman and Senior. Competitive sports, performing on stage from kindergarten and beyond in theater productions, opportunities to shine in choir, scholar's bowl and more are offered at CPLS. One of the highlights of CPLS are the yearly tours beginning in 5th grade. A love and appreciation for travel is nurtured as students, parents and teachers travel the country each spring. Oklahoma City, Washington D.C., New York, Dallas, San Francisco, Houston, and St Louis are just a few of the cities they visit. Upon graduation, our sons will be well prepared for higher education and to take their place in the world. Critical thinking along with a strong Christian foundation will serve them well. It's more than a school, it's a way of life and service.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Very Godly men and women dedicated to teaching their students in the subjects presented and beyond. They make it their mission to model good Christian discipleship.

Amount of homework: Agree

For our sons the homework seems to be challenging, but not overwhelming. CPLS students are brought along step by step steeped in the classical model . By the time they reach senior year they are capable to compete and more importantly flourish in the collegial environment.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Religious studies, study and discussion of ancient Roman and Greek great works instill a classical approach to learning and life.

We have two young kiddos (soon to be three) at CPLS. We are thrilled God led us here. CPLS really is a family. The brilliant faculty and staff encourage and shape students' minds with God at the center. The administration and board are diligent in their duties and great caretakers of this institution. They strive to make a great place even better. We couldn't ask for more. It can be a financial strain, but we are reminded daily that this investment pays huge dividends for life!

My 3 children attended Cair Paravel from kindergarten and graduated from high school a few years ago. Their education has served them well throughout college and into life. Their experiences at CPLS (travel, sports, musicals, dramas, etc.) and the breadth of their educational opportunities (art, music, literature, etc.) have made them very well-rounded. The teachers were almost universally compassionate, caring and helpful. They never "taught to a test" but the students always performed well. Faculty shared their lives and their faith and challenged my children's beliefs and as a result my children's faith is secure and rooted in the Savior alone. Yes, it was expensive. My husband is a blue-collar worker and the tuition required sacrifice, but it was completely worth every penny when I see the result of young adults with strong families, strong faith and a great education.

We love Cair Paravel! The school is challenging academically. Teachers help students ponder questions and dissect materials that I didn't approach until college, and the kids rise to the expectations. CPLS graduates historically do very well in college because they have learned how to study, analyze, write and present ideas. The CPLS curriculum integrates God into every class. The school has one of the finest music and arts programs in the area. This improves their public speaking abilities, encourages their creativity and increases their self-confidence at an early age. One of my favorite things about this unique school are the tours. Beginning in 4th grade, each class goes on a fun, educational tour. See http://www.cpls.org/current-students/tours/ for more information about these trips. Your child will be challenged, encouraged and loved as a student at Cair Paravel Latin School (yes, they do learn Latin as part of a classical education. For more on what that means, go here: http://www.cpls.org/about/classical-education/). I encourage your family to come and walk the halls and you will feel the difference at CPLS.

My two kids have been at CPLS since kindergarten and we have been extremely pleased with the faculty, staff and administrators. My wife and I made a conscience investment in our kids' education that will pay dividends for years to come. They will leave CPLS with a liberal arts education, will be able to think and learn how to master any subject or field, will be able to articulate and defend their position on any matter in writing and orally. The love and caring atmospehere at CPLS is first rate. Parent involvment is encouraged and we have loved walking through life together with other families at CPLS. We also love the wide range of sports offered as well as the arts. Most importantly we love how CPLS applies a Christian view in every subject taught and the classical approach to teaching our kids.

Cair Paravel Latin School is an excellent school. My high school children have attended since Kindergarten and I feel they have received the best possible education. I know that they can write, speak and think on their own and that they will be well prepared for college. The teachers are excellent and truly care about your child. There are also many opportunities for them to participate in extra-curricular activities such as sports, drama, musicals, etc.

Last modified Cair Paravel Latin School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12