K-8 & Ungraded|Public district
143 students|Clay Center

Bad
Good

This is our second time here and still love the school. The new principal, well, he is letting things go back to the way they were, which are the teachers and coaches playing favorites. I feel some of the high school teachers just give the kids worksheets to do but not actually teach them. Utilizing the iPads are okay, if us parents had the control of what the kids are able to do on it .. too much social media allowed. I miss our last two principals. Will see how the remainder of the school goes ...

Small class size, lots of good teachers, happy students, great sports teams, no crime of any type.

I aboslutely love this school. This will be my oldest a third year here (4th grade) and my middles second year (1st grade). We transfer from out of district a long with a few of our neighbors. I would recommend this school to anyone. My kids are on completely different sides of the spectrum personality wise and they've both had great experiences.

When we PCSd here we went off of school district ratings on where to move to. We chose Wakefield. We were pleased for maybe the first year (4th grade). Then in 5th grade it started going down hill. Don't even get me started on 6th grade. The bullying in this school is a major problem and the teachers/staff do not seem to recognize it or be willing to deal with it. They play favorites very badly and once your child gets on their "bad" list there's no way to get them off and they (adults) target your child and are very unfair. I actually began to fear for my child's safety at this school. We have since moved to Clay Center and find the school there to be WAY better. The teachers and staff are much more involved with the kids and work to make their lives better. I also agree with the other parent that stated the homework load was too large. Kids don't need more than two hours of homework a night. What are they doing in class if they have that much work. All in all, the big problem at this school is favortism and bullying. Nothing is done about it. My child now has lasting anxiety issues as a result.

This school definetly plays "favorites" and it's obvious. This school is ok up until the 3rd grade. 4th and expecially 5th are HORRIBLE! They only care about the state testing and have an excessive amount of homework. There are not alot of things for the kids at this school because it is so small.

Very disapponted, I don't know what school these people are talking about. It's very biased, most play favorites, and all they focus on is teaching the state ass. test and nothing more. If there was another school district close I would take my kids there.

We were very pleased with this school. The teachers deserve an A+ and the principal was very involved. Not only was he present on the field trips, and games, it was not uncommon to see him working on the lunch line when needed. He was always available to parents. We were very pleased with the overall communication between teachers and parents at this school, something we have not experienced in the past. This school is a well kept secret.

This may be a small school but that has truly been a blessing to our family. I have 4 children whom attend Wakefield and they have all benefited greatly from the small school hometown academics. Even the special education department has grown leaps and bounds since we first arrived. We have been in this district for the last 8 years and wouldn't trade it for the world.

Last modified Wakefield Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.