K-8 & Ungraded
Wakefield, KS

Posted July 28, 2014
I aboslutely love this school. This will be my oldest a third year here (4th grade) and my middles second year (1st grade). We transfer from out of district a long with a few of our neighbors. I would recommend this school to anyone. My kids are on completely different sides of the spectrum personality wise and they've both had great experiences.

Posted April 18, 2013
When we PCSd here we went off of school district ratings on where to move to. We chose Wakefield. We were pleased for maybe the first year (4th grade). Then in 5th grade it started going down hill. Don't even get me started on 6th grade. The bullying in this school is a major problem and the teachers/staff do not seem to recognize it or be willing to deal with it. They play favorites very badly and once your child gets on their "bad" list there's no way to get them off and they (adults) target your child and are very unfair. I actually began to fear for my child's safety at this school. We have since moved to Clay Center and find the school there to be WAY better. The teachers and staff are much more involved with the kids and work to make their lives better. I also agree with the other parent that stated the homework load was too large. Kids don't need more than two hours of homework a night. What are they doing in class if they have that much work. All in all, the big problem at this school is favortism and bullying. Nothing is done about it. My child now has lasting anxiety issues as a result.

Posted June 15, 2011
This school definetly plays "favorites" and it's obvious. This school is ok up until the 3rd grade. 4th and expecially 5th are HORRIBLE! They only care about the state testing and have an excessive amount of homework. There are not alot of things for the kids at this school because it is so small.

Posted September 17, 2010
Very disapponted, I don't know what school these people are talking about. It's very biased, most play favorites, and all they focus on is teaching the state ass. test and nothing more. If there was another school district close I would take my kids there.

Wakefield Elementary School 5

Posted September 03, 2009
We were very pleased with this school. The teachers deserve an A+ and the principal was very involved. Not only was he present on the field trips, and games, it was not uncommon to see him working on the lunch line when needed. He was always available to parents. We were very pleased with the overall communication between teachers and parents at this school, something we have not experienced in the past. This school is a well kept secret.

Posted May 07, 2007
This may be a small school but that has truly been a blessing to our family. I have 4 children whom attend Wakefield and they have all benefited greatly from the small school hometown academics. Even the special education department has grown leaps and bounds since we first arrived. We have been in this district for the last 8 years and wouldn't trade it for the world.

Wakefield Elementary School 5

Posted May 02, 2006

Posted July 06, 2004
Wow, I cannot say enough about this school! The staff is supportive and understanding. The teachers care and challenge intelligent students while being there for the slower kids. They constantly re-evaluate every students progress throughout the year to head of educational problems before they start! The teachers truly care for the kids, it isn't just an act. They listen carefully to each parent about everything and even consider younger siblings important enough to allow them to the school activities. The support from this school is above and beyond the call of duty committed to the needs of the students and geared toward future progress. This is even carried over to the entire town. Great town to live in, awesome team spirit, and strong supportive school system!

Wakefield Elementary School
502 Third, Wakefield, KS  67487
Last modified Wakefield Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wakefield Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top