Bad
Good

Wellsville Elementary School 1

Posted May 19, 2014
This school is awful. My child went to school here from Kindergarten to 5th grade. Out of those years, we had two teachers that were amazing, the rest of her teachers were terrible. The 3rd grade teacher bullied my child so badly, my child would be physically ill before school every day. I would not recommend anyone send their child to Wellsville. The children are allowed to bully other children while the teachers turn a blind eye. As long as you are a popular child, you can act however you wish without retribution. The education is pathetic and the communication between teacher and parent is substandard.

Posted July 29, 2009
This school is all style, and no substance. Academics were significantly lower than other schools, extracurricular activities were limited, and discipline was from one extreme (harsh) to the other (non-existent). District centers around sports, so be prepared for your child to be ostracized if not conforming. Locals only preferred. Not recommended to attend school, work, or live in or near Wellsville. So close to Kansas City, yet so far away!

Posted January 05, 2009
Both of my children attended Wellsville Elementary from K-5 and continue to be enrolled in Wellsville Schools. The teachers know and care about the kids and provide opportunities for children of all ability levels.

Wellsville Elementary School 4

Posted August 11, 2008
We moved to Wellsville about 4 years ago. I agree that their early childhood program is wonderful! My youngest had severe speach problems, and has thrived in the program. He will start Kindergarden this year and is very well prepared. Overall the administration is great with the kids and care about their success. PTA is very weak, in the meetings I have attended they did not have a discussion on activities that they were pursuing, just telling us what they had decided during the executive session. It seemed very eliteist. and not open to suggestions. They do have some great activities for the kids, a dance, carnival and my favorite-the non-fundraiser-a walk a thon-I would much rather donate to good healthy things like walking than buy things that fall apart 2 weeks after purchase!

Wellsville Elementary School 4

Posted January 22, 2007
I am very impressed with this school. Their Early Childhood program is wonderful! My oldest attended 3, 4 & 5th grade here, and my youngest is just starting preschool here. Teachers provide a lot of feedback and are willing to help your children achieve their best. PTA organization is very weak. But that is the parent's fault not the schools. PTA provides students with lot of functions, but parents don't participate.

Wellsville Elementary School 5

Posted December 14, 2006
Well my children go here as did I. They do have science and social studies from 1st grade and up. My daughter in 1st grade is doing fractions in math, learning about the pyramids in social studies, and she is also starting volcanoes in science. I love the town of Wellsville and the city. It is a small school that provides a wonderful education. The teachers, principal, and so on are wonderful.

Wellsville Elementary School 1

Posted January 08, 2006
My children no longer go here and boy am I glad, I did not understand how far behind the school is until we moved to a different town. They currently don't offer Sciense or Social Studies for the students my son in 3rd grade was so far behind we had 2-3hours of homework everynight at our new schools to get caught up. The only + is the Principal is very friendly and some teachers(all the 3rd grade teachers) are very friendly. I would not suggest anyone to send their child here. Also lack of parents help.

218 Ash St, Wellsville, KS  66092
Last modified Wellsville Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.