Bad
Good

My 2 kids went there from kindergarten to second and third grade. We were told they were on track with their reading and math, and that they were at the top of their classes! However, we moved out of district and they transferred to Haysville schools this year. Upon evaluation of the oldest son, he was determined to barely be at a low second grade reading level whereas Cessna said he was at third grade by the end of his third grade year! The Haysville school said that their cirriculum is more challenging because they spend more time on core subjects and if a student struggles they will get that student caught up by any means necessary. Due to this, Haysville schools do not need to stay behind for the students who are struggling, keeping the accelerated students behind. And if a student still doesn't get the grasp of the subject, Cessna would just grade them as Incomplete (which happened to my youngest) without offering any tutoring, learning plans, or advice to me as a parent. This seems to be how many of the elementary schools in USD259 are. Despite these issues, however, Cessna has a great staff that is truly caring and the teachers are good with their students!

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Cessna Elementary! We moved from out of state when my sons were in 1st & 3rd grades. They're now in 4th and 6th & my daughter is now in 1st. My oldest son has ADHD and was bullied in his previous school. We have not had any issues with that at Cessna. His teacher was extremely patient with him before he was officially diagnosed & did everything she could in the classroom to help him keep focused. My younger son is not ADHD & excels academically. His teachers have adjusted his curriculum so that he continues to be challenged. My daughter's teachers have been just as loving and supportive. None of my children have ever had one bad teacher! I truly believe there are no bad teachers at Cessna. I could go on & on about how great our experience has been here, but bottom line is, it is a GREAT school, & I am very thankful we have had the opportunity to build the relationships that we have.

My oldest son has gone to Cessna for 6 years (K-5th), my youngest son just finished pre-k & we absolutely love our school. The staff is very hands on, they go the extra mile to make sure that every student is getting what they need to succeed. I wish we could stay there forever but sadly is time to move on, 6th grade won't wait forever.

The staff is wonderful and cares for their students and their great job CESSNA PRIDE

Best school my child has attended since moving from Arizona last fall. Highly qualified teachers who work with a multitude of levels of society and diversify to meet those needs. Well run school..positive environment...supportive...loving...anc caring!

Great community involvement activities which invite and engage parents to be equal partners and advocates towards their children's education and learning. I have nothing but positive things to say about the loving, caring, staff that work at Cessna Elementary.

Wonderful staff, inviting atmosphere, professional teachers who individualize as needed and communicate effectively with other staff and parents.

I don't agree with the comment posted on April 29th. Cessna Elementary school is a wonderful school with a diverse population. They have a wonderful Visually impaired program and excellent special education teachers. My son is severely ADHD even with medication. The staff, teachers and principal have made it a point to ensure that he receives praise for well made choices and a logical and reasonable consequence for impulsive decisions. Visit the school, spend time in the school as a volunteer. I have nothing but good things to say about Cessna Elementary.

my children attend this school and i have to say some parts i think are really good. i see how they treat students on levels though. my daughter is a great student good grades and well behaved and my son is somewhat struggleing type. i have noticed that kids there sometimes are treated like soldiers. arent allowed to be kids. they expect all children to learn the same way and not realize they are all different. my son gets picked on because he isnt at the top of his class. so if i could advise anyone on being cautious when enrolling to this school, if your child excells then great you whouldnt have any problems but if they struggle a bit be careful. classroom teachers also yell, curse and make the kids feel uneasy at times. principal is unaware of things and walks around like he's top sheriff!

Last modified Cessna Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.