Bad
Good

We use to love this school until the new Principal came this year. She is not very nice at all. We have visited our daughter for lunch a couple of times and seen her in action first hand. One she always looks mad, two the only time the kids have time to talk and have free time, she was blowing her whistle and yelling at them. Then she was not very patient with a little girl who seemed to have autism. We have noticed a huge change in the staff while she has become the Principal. Sad she should be working in a prison not a elementary school. You can see it all over her face how she hates her job and it shows.

We're a PhD college-professor and a therapist - as a pair of parents education is very important to us. In fact, we moved to College Hill before our youngest turned five-years-old so we could put her in this school. We weren't disapppointed her entire six years there. The teachers were excellent - the librarian is amazing and inspiring - and the music, art and intramurals kept my daughter excited to go to school.The yearly fall celebration (Harvest Hoedown, Boogie on the Blacktop) is extraordinary, we marvel at the smiles on the kids' and parents' faces during the event. The PTO is organized and involved. And my daughter was disappointed when our schedule changed and she had to cut back on her latchkey hours each week - it is so well run she looked forward to it. I read some of the earlier comments - I've never seen "gangs of third graders roaming" and my eldest was recently a 5th grader and there was never any "sexual" talk on the front patio. My youngest began kindergarten this year. So far, we are pleased as before. I think if you are an involved parent, willing to communicate and work WITH the school, you'll find this to be a perfect place for your child to begin their studies.

We are grateful our daughter goes here. The teachers and staff have been wonderful to her.

Just thought I would break the chain of 1 star reviews from ax-grinding parents and 5 star reviews by people trying to boost the resale value of their house. We had 2 kids in Minneha, moved and then had three kids go here before moving again. I can't think of any great programs generally available here. Or indeed, any special programs generally available at all. The academic programs weren't particularly challenging. The teachers, except for one kindergarten teacher, were either average or slightly below. I can't think of any leadership being exhibited by the principal. Just don't know what would qualify this school as a "5 star".

My son went here from kindergarten all the way through 3rd grade (this year), and I thought it was a great school. Sounds like the bad reviews are from one bitter parent who had a problem with a teacher or other students, and blamed it on the whole school. You will run into bad apples no matter what school you are at. Our experience was positive.

This is not a good school currently. I recommend parents send there kids elsewhere. Again, its hard not to notice that the good reviews here are for people who HAD their kids in College Hill. It may have been good then, but it isn't now. I have a son in first grade and a daughter in 3rd grade. Most schools, I presume, have a mix of good and bad teachers. What sets one school apart from another is the overall atmosphere of the school and whether its conducive to learning. And the atmosphere at CH isn't. They (thankfully) recently started to have the Wichita police patrol the grounds as they let the students out. And they needed to! And these are elementary school kids! My third grader complains of being groped and classrooms that teachers can't quiet down and get under control. My first grader's scores have gone DOWN over the course of the year after starting out high because of the time my wife spends with him in summer. The place will make your kids less smart.

I had 4 kids go here and we loved it. The teachers were caring and the kids were great. This school is proof that you do not have to go to a private school to get a good education.

all of the ratings higher than one star are from nearly 4 or more years ago (and these mostly deal with the gifted program or the kindergarten); this place must have gone seriously down hill. Maybe its the budget cuts? I don't know, but this place is not a good school for most kids now.

This school provides a shockingly bad environment. I can't speak to how the school was in the past, but currently the children are out of control and the teachers are clueless. There are literally "gangs" of 3rd graders who go around terrorizing other children. 5th graders hang out in front of the school after hours throwing around sexual innuendos that make this ex-marine blush. The administration simply shrugs all this off with cries of "kids will be kids" and "we're under-staffed, what can we do?". I'm from Houston, and have lived in many large cities and have never seen a school this bad. Do not let your child go. This place is in need of serious reform.

College Hill was a wonderful school for my very gifted child. He was nurtured and challenged. We LOVED this school.

Last modified College Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.